Hello! I'm Rey, or Rey Emmanuel De Guzman, a long time resident of Santa Rosa, Laguna.
Just a bit of my background:
I was born with a chronic kidney disease called Messangial Proliferative Glomerulonephritis, which is considered as Class II Lupus as per W.H.O. Despite all my close-calls and the toxicities of my environment, I still managed to be a full time scholar of an international university in Idaho at 26, with a major in Agribusiness by the end of 2020, with other agricultural courses from TESDA, and uncertified materials online. I'm also a continual learner by my own agency. And I do know with my heart that sky is the limit as long as we are eager.
Optimism, curiosity, sustainability are the principles that I live by.
As for the start-up:
I'm eager to start my self-study, prototype and venture about Phycology, Microbioliogy, Vermicology and everything about Nature Rehabilitation, Sustainability and Enterprise.
The long time practice of common agricultural methods has robbed off the essential components that the soil should have in sustaining high quality nutritious products that should be our first line of defense in serving our immune system and overall building-blocks of our body. The effects of greenhouse emission that we produce is also hastening the natural climate change. While the by-products of our various manufacturing and living practices have also managed its way into nature. Combining all these three together with the COVID-19 fiasco which will be a recurring relapse and outbreak of different types, I do know and trust that by having a mindset patterned into sustainability will save us a lot headaches, together with the generations to come.
Solutions that I'm still trying to specify in ratio with my resources:
- Understand the law of nature, and integrate it with our modern approaches so that we can build holistic approach and systems.
- Come up with various applicable sustainable workarounds.
- Integrate technology to mechanize or automate and expand our reach.
- Come up with online demonstrations.
- Normalization of innovation and sustainability, to make the audiences as individual problem-solvers of the society.
- More to come ...
- Business permit.
- Smart recording device for handheld agricultural applications, demonstration and micro-vlogging of the mini-progress.
- Laptop for on-field encoding.
- Compound microscope
- Other relevant tools and equipments.
- A mode of transportation and hauling.
- 500 to 1000 sqm of land as the area for studies, prototyping and small enterprise near or beside the coast, in a strategic location.
- Support system that would provide resources aside from financial. Ideas and network perhaps.
Long-term goals (for now):
- Lower-down the price of goods that the enterprise(s) is/are in.
- Rehabilitate nature within the reach of the enterprise(s).
- Make sustainability and innovation as a norm for the on-site and online audiences.
- Upstream the nutritional content of various agricultural produce that will avail our products and services.
- Lessen bureaucracies on the enterprise's territory.
- Lower-down the morbidity rate within the enterprise's reach.
- More to come as we specify the ideas with research and experience.
What's in for you?
Along with the positive societal results of the long-term goals listed, I'll make a thorough donor's database (please comment if you want to be unnamed), which I'm sure will serve as a good reference for the future generations to come, and our hard work and commitment will be the basis of what good things they will come up with thanks to us, the pioneers.
-Rey Emmanuel De Guzman