I'm doing a big fundraising campaign to kick-start my music career.
I'm a self-taught pianist/composer/arranger, and I cover minimalist music, folk songs, dance music, movie soundtracks and classical music.
To cover all these genres, I'm planning to make THREE YouTube channels, by November 2016.
To become part of this and help make it happen, please consider donating to my project. As I'm self-taught and have been pursuing my passion alone, I don't have access to all the resources trained conservatory musicians would have, nor to any financial support. All the funds collected will go into paying for studios and buying recording equipment.
For more demos, please see the bottom of this page.
THE PROJECT (YouTube, CDs, and Concerts):
YouTube – I’ll be making THREE YouTube channels: “Piano Nights”, “La Bella Vita”, and “Classical.” Each will have their own playlists, with FIVE videos per playlist - videos of me playing the piano. It'll add up to 65 videos, each for a different piece.
- “Piano Nights” is for relaxing and/or contemplative music, covering both minimalist and classical music, as well as my own compositions
- “La Bella Vita” is for uplifting music, including traditional folk songs, dance music, and covers for movie themes
- “Classical” is for intense music, from preludes and etudes, to sonatas and concertos
To see a full list of all the pieces I'm planning to record, please check out these links:
- For "Piano Nights": https://pianoyos.wordpress.com/2016/07/28/piano-ni...
- For "La Bella Vita": https://pianoyos.wordpress.com/2016/07/28/la-bella...
- For "Classical": https://pianoyos.wordpress.com/2016/07/28/classica...
CDs – I’ll be making one CD for each YouTube channel. The first will be “Coming of Age,” an album featuring my own compositions; the second will be Chopin’s complete set of 14 waltzes; the third will be a selection of four Beethoven sonatas.
Concerts – between November and December, I’ll be playing three concerts, one for each YouTube channel. The programs will be announced later – keep an eye out!
Project Deadline: November 6, 2016.
Fundraising Target: 5,000 Euros.
- Why three months...why November?
65 videos and three CDs. Although I know what most of the pieces sound like, and I have very concrete ideas about my interpretations, it will still take time to master technical difficulties, as some of the pieces are very demanding. For some of the newer pieces I'll be attempting, I need time to compose/arrange, figure out what finger configurations I will use to play them, study the harmonies and chord progressions to help memorization (I'll be playing all these pieces from memory!), and then basically practice, practice and practice. Towards the end of October, once I'm ready, I'll need about a week to record them, plus another week for editing, making the CDs, etc.
- How will I know about your progress?
I will be updating my blog (https://pianoyos.wordpress.com/) on a weekly basis, every Sunday. I'll give you a rundown of what I've done during the week, and you'll also be getting audio-demos of the pieces on a regular basis - all of which I'll include in my blog updates. I'll be doing this throughout August, and maybe halfway through September, until I've made audio-demos of all the pieces. Around mid-September, I'll be making three preview videos (much like the one I've made above) for each of the channels, including 10- to 15-second excerpts of everything I'm going to record. I'll also be launching the YouTube channels at the same time. Around mid-October, I'll be posting ONE video from each playlist. Again, you'll be getting updates of all these things on my blog, and if you contribute 10 Euros, you'll be part of a mailing list (among other benefits), so you'll frequently know how I'm doing. Make sure to check out my Twitter account as well: (https://twitter.com/PianoYos).
For more information, check out some of my other accounts (some of which I've mentioned above):
- Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/PianoYos/): you'll get to know me on a more personal basis here.
- Blog (https://pianoyos.wordpress.com/): updates on a weekly basis. You'll also get a full list of the pieces I'm planning to record, plus audio-demos.
- Twitter (https://twitter.com/PianoYos): random photos of what I'm doing, practicing sessions, how I'm using the funds, etc.
I've got two full recordings of my own compositions ("The Lone Path" and "Stay") up on soundcloud, as well as one of Clint Mansell's "Together We Will Live Forever", BUT!!! please be warned, it is of very poor sound quality. If you don't mind that, here's my soundcloud page: https://soundcloud.com/pianoyos.
For a few more short audio clips from my "Piano Nights" channel, check out these links:
- Chopin - Nocturne in Eb Major (http://yourlisten.com/PianoYos/excerpt-chopin-noct...)
- Debussy - Claire de Lune (http://yourlisten.com/PianoYos/excerpt-debussy-cla...)
- Brahms - Intermezzo in A Major (http://yourlisten.com/PianoYos/excerpt-brahms-inte...)
- Ravel - Pavane (http://yourlisten.com/PianoYos/excerpt-ravel-pavan...)
- Faure - Pavane (http://yourlisten.com/PianoYos/excerpt-faure-pavan...)
- Chopin - Nocturne in C Minor (http://yourlisten.com/PianoYos/excerpt-chopin-noct...)
- Rachmaninoff - Moment Musical in B Minor (http://yourlisten.com/PianoYos/excerpt-rachmaninof...)
Unfortunately, I lost my laptop that had a lot of recordings that would've served as good demos for my "Classical" channel, but here's a short clip of me playing Chopin's Scherzo in Bb Minor: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpDeH175Z2Q.
If you have any questions about my project, please don't hesitate to contact me at [email protected]