US$460.00raised of $10,000.00 goal goal
No more donations are being accepted at this time. Please contact the campaign owner if you would like to discuss further funding opportunities
About the Project
Tom is a young, up and coming entrepreneur in Sierra Leone, West Africa. Due to the economic conditions in Sierra Leone, he was unable to find work after graduating from university in 2018 with a 2.1 honours degree in Applied Accounting. Instead of remaining jobless, Tom decided to create his own independent streams of income. He has been running a tutorial site for undergrads, and is now looking for funding to establish an innovative business project. The tailoring and garment boutique will be a creative fashion design concept based on the needs of the local market. One that will produce quality and affordable custom garments delivered to your door.
By donating to this startup, you will be assisting Tom with getting the business established, as well as providing employment for 4 other individuals in Freetown, Sierra Leone:
- Cost of purchasing 5 Sewing Machines (two back-ups) - $1,550
- Cost of purchasing chairs - $260
- Cost of purchasing other furniture - $500
- 1 yr rent - $905
- 1 yr Electricity - $380
- 12 months salaries for 3x tailors - $2,700
- 12 months salary for Admin staff - $1,200
- Initial fabric stock - $450
- 1 Small Generator and 6 month fuel (for electricity back-up) - $820
- Marketing and Promotion costs (on startup) - $320
- Miscellaneous Costs / Contingency - $800
Total Investment required - $9,885
Vision of Tom's Tailoring and Garment Boutique
To become the leading brand in the production of distinctive fashion wear, uniforms and work wear for both ladies and gents.
Our mission is to exceed our clients' expectations by consistently producing quality garments at competitive prices, delivered through an efficient distribution network.
By contributing to this campaign you will not only be aiding the employment of 4 individuals, but also enabling the provision of affordable and fashionable attire for the average Sierra Leonean; thereby supporting a movement to restore pride in locally made garments over imported second-hand clothing.
Barriers to Entry
Establishing a business in Freetown is not easy. Accessibility to consistent power is a big barrier. By purchasing a generator and budgeting for fuel, Tom is planning ahead to overcome this hurdle.
Competition is also a factor. Tom's Tailoring and Garment Boutique plans to differentiate themselves in three ways:
- Providing an onsite service i.e. clients do not need to leave their homes/offices to place orders, and will have their garments delivered to them;
- Producing quality garments at an affordable price - often times buying second-hand clothes is cheaper than getting custom tailored attire. Tom's Tailoring and Garment boutique plans to go after the second-hand clothing clientele by competing on price. This will be accomplished through targeting high volume of sales and reducing supply chain costs by buying bulk and directly from manufacturers.
- Meeting the needs of organisations and institutions - Tom's Tailoring and Garment Boutique will target corporations to obtain contracts for the delivery of top quality uniforms, overalls and other work wear.
Finally, many businesses run into problems because of poor financial management. Tom's knowledge in accounting management put's him at a significant advantage to effectively budget and run the enterprise.
Every Little Bit Helps
No amount is too little to contribute to Tom's vision, and even if you can't contribute please stay in touch and follow Tom's progress.
Feel free to share this campaign with your family and friends, so they too can be part of this journey!
Thank you, thank you and THANK YOU!!!!
Set of custom-made coasters for your favourite beverage
Set of custom-made placemats
Custom-made shirt (unisex) from Tom's Tailoring Boutique
Custom-made full traditional attire (male / female)
- Ngadi Kamara
- Campaign Owner
No updates for this campaign just yet