MIGHTYCROWN AFRICA AID IN THE GAMBIA SUPPORTING TO EDUCATION AND LESS PRIVILEGE FAMILIES IN THE GAMBIA DURING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
It is envisage by MIGHTYCROWN AFRICA AID, with the increasing number of cases in the Gambia, the next academic year school cycle beginning in September could be more affected if the necessary and concrete steps are not taken by all stakeholders for the smooth reopening of schools by providing and facilitation of all the necessary equipment and materials for all children especially for the rural communities. MIGHTYCROWN AFRICA AID intend to roll out the following supportive mechanism for children and vulnerable people in rural Gambia and beyond.
1) The distribution of 10 thousand free masks for children in Central River Region at the Lower Basic sector, Madrassa and Daras.
2) Provider 100 testing kits for one hundred schools.
3) Provider one hundred washing materials for and sanitizers.
4) Support community sensitization on the preventive measures to be taken during enrolment compange.
5) Provider free food distribution to each child enrolled in 100 schools in Central River Region.
6) Provider leaning and writing materials to every child enrolled with school uniforms.
7) The scheme intend to target the enrolment of 1000 children in grades one. This interventions are intended to support Government and stakeholders with the purpose of consolidating and limiting the negative impact of COVID 19, developing strategies for ensuring recovery and building back better while safeguarding SDG progress for the Gambia. We hope these interventions will impact positively on the socio- economic mitigation and recovery and eventually put the short, medium and long term impact of COVID-19 in the Gambia education sector.
MIGHTYCROWN AFRICA AID HOUSING PROJECT IN THE GAMBIA
This is a family in Bakindik village in the lower Nuimi District in the North Bank Region of the Gambia. they are the poorest in the village identified by the village local authorities in other for them to benefit from the MIGHTYCROWN AFRICA AID HOUSING PROJECT.
MIGHTYCROWN AFRICA AID in its drive to provide shelter housing to the poorest people and support them in the provision of livelihood activities in the following areas according to their choice or request namely,
1. Provide animals such as sheep or goats in the form of sharing and caring thus the first born from the sheep or goat belongs to the beneficiary and the second goes to another beneficiary.
2. Provide fruit trees such as mangoes, cashew, oranges, acavor.
MIGHTYCROWN AFRICA AID intent to provide at least 10 fruit trees of the beneficiary choices with Fencing materials, watering cans to be planted in his or her backyard. MIGHTYCROWN AFRICA AID hopes that with the right support and knowledge the beneficiaries will be lifted out of poverty in a period of 5 years or beyond.
MIGHTYCROWN AFRICA AID ACCESS ROADS FOR CHAMEN NIANIJA RICE FIELDS PROJECT IN THE GAMBIA
Through the improved road network would increase the cultivated area of rice expansion by the number of hectares and increased rice production and productivity. Rice production will be greatly enhanced and total milled rice output more than quadruple during the period 2021 to 2030. The priority intervention in the identified agro- archeologist is to achieve increased rice production. In the short term one to two years the construction of the two access roads network with expansion of cultivated hectares of rice fields.
In the medium term two to four years intensification of rice production through the provision of rice farming equipment’s, seeders, drillers, trans planters, weeds, tractors and accessories and seeds.
In the long term four to five years consolidate the achievement gained in the construction of roads, equipment’s by improving the knowledge and skills of farmers especially women in the maintenance and operations of machineries and accessories.
MIGHTYCROWN AFRICA AID IMPACTS IN AFRICA
MIGHTYCROWN AFRICA AID’s innovative operational approach and research programmes deep in the impact of our humanitarian work and help us save as many lives as possible. The funds entrusted to MIGHTYCROWN AFRICA AID allow us to:
(1) Finally support more needy communities in Education developments, Healthcare facilities, religions building, emergency responds in various circumstances, environmental developments and save even more lives by providing high-quality medical care that is adapted to each humanitarian crisis;
(2) Offer improved treatments in ongoing medical crises such as Corona Virus, malaria, acute malnutrition and associated illnesses. We also deliver comprehensive and systematic paediatric treatment programmes to reduce infant and child mortality;
(3) Treat more patients in need especially children and women and save even more lives by providing high-quality medical care that is adapted to each humanitarian crisis;
Invest in medical innovation by using research to improve what we do in humanitarian crises, we seek to deliver sustainable medical solutions to people who wouldn’t otherwise have access to treatment. “In The Gambia, MIGHTYCROWN AFRICA AID have developed strategies that get mums to participate in screening their children for malnutrition. This strategy has identified sick children at an earlier stage and significantly reduced the numbers who are hospitalized. In 2016, they treated nearly 50,000 severely malnourished children”.
MIGHTYCROWN AFRICA AID OBJECTIVES
MIGHTYCROWN AFRICA AID’s programmes are managed in a decentralised manner. Each crisis is unique, and the response
must be adapted to the context. This is reflected in MIGHTYCROWN AFRICA AID’s approach. Decisions are made in tandem with local
and International partners at ground level, and MIGHTYCROWN AFRICA AID’s operational headquarters are in Banjul, The Gambia,
closer to the field. Working together makes us stronger, more effective, more efficient. Operational teams in the
field have developed programmes for meeting the needs they face, and their project management skills are strong,
but their efforts are constrained by a lack of funding, medical expertise, logistical capacity, and the means for doing
research. TESITO believes that by working as a network of partner organisations, we can reinforce the strong
impact and, potentially, make it sustainable. Constantly improving the quality of aid through sustained investment
in research. TESITO believes that by making operational research a key element of its activities, it can advance and
improve humanitarian needs.
Meeting humanitarian challenges with new ideas and low-cost solutions designed for needy communities.
Research priorities are determined by operational challenges. Implementation in the field benefit from the high-
level emergency expertise of a global partnership. TESITO was created to promote humanitarian innovations. Our
objective is to bring the highest level technical skills, new ideas, and compassion to each and every project.
This approach based on proximity, partnership, quality requirement, and innovation contributes to strengthening
the impact of our actions in the service of the most vulnerable.