The community of Ageng'a is located on the slopes of samia hills in samia sub county, Busia county. We have 2 football teams from both gender called Hillside Ageng'a FC and Hillside Starlets FC that we started in December 2019. We got the name from a huge hill besides our training ground.The growing number of boys and girls both in schools and without every year in the community made me think of a plan to come up with football activity of both gender that will help keep them engaged and busy during this period of covid19 instead of letting them engage in risky behavious like sex,alcohol, illegal drugs hence creating social problems(early pregnancies and insecurity) and also identify talents and nurture them. I am a driver by profession, so out of my salary I bought 2 balls and 1 uniform kit to get them started. I was affected by Covid-19 when the organization I was working for as a driver stopped working and sent us home in March, which greatly hampered my ability to continue supporting step by step the overwhelming numbers of youths eager and joining the 2 football teams repesctively most being school going and those in the village. I am appealing for this funds to help us support:
1. Buy 2 pairs full team uniform kits for both teams. (we are forced most times to borrow when playing away friendlies)
2. Register the team with official football body.
3. Purchase and equipping of a medical kit. (we have a volunteer official a nurse by proffesion who helps with matters injuries although not employed.)
4. Training equipments (cones, bibs & markers)
5. Carry out basic training ground renovation that's rocky and uneven and erect metal goal posts(we have wooden posts) .
6. Logistical support when participating in
friendlies away campaigns. Currently the teams use "piki boda" (motorcycle transport) some players just trek. Our achievement, we've played 15 matches. We won 11,draw 1 and lost 3 games.
7. Motivate the players with a little stipend because all of them are jobless and have personal needs.
This funds are needed as soon as possible and will help us go along way in supporting this activity even in future.
I am most humbly appealing to wellwishers to help support us achieve this noble course of getting our local talents nurtured and developed from this team with potentially good sports young men and women.
With kind regards Steve Egesa
I would be happy if you could use the [Help by sharing] button to share about my project!