The Time is Now!
There is no other opportune time to stand up and be an ally of the environment than today. Let us not fear the forthcoming problems instead let us create ways to make things better today. Environment is life and to protect our own life, we must protect her.
We aim to become a national green political party in the Philippines. We are engaging the 2022 synchronize national and local elections. We are committed to push policies and programs to benefit key environmental and sustainable development agenda.
We Need Your Support for a GREEN PHILIPPINES
It is a monumental task to embark on this journey to participate in the election and empower our people to support a GREEN AGENDA that focuses on the welfare of the environment. Our time is limited because if we do not act now we might end up in a country and a world were we will have a hard time living in.
We are currently organizing in 8 regions, 26 provinces and 26 cities and 25 municipalities nationwide. Together with the party, we are also organizing a research & training institute and a youth wing. The group is currently led by an INTERIM NATIONAL COUNCIL.
WHERE WILL YOUR DONATION GO?
Here are some of the areas and activities which will be funded by your donations:
- Membership drive to reach out to more people and make them environmental advocates.
- Leadership training to create environmental warriors or "Bagani ng Kalikasan".
- Funding of various projects including webinars, online shows, on-ground projects to empower people to do something to help protect and nurture the environment.
- Funding volunteer support for the party.
KALIKASAN MUNA, NGAYON NA!
The most important task for all human beings now is to care for our dying earth. Humans will perish even before the extinction of most living species, if we do not make the environment our priority. Kalikasan muna bago sarili.
Our endless debates on the issues of corruption, poverty, sovereignty, development, family, education, etc. will all be futile if we cannot change the climate back to the right balance. Those who care for the earth unite! Put all your energies on a single cry. Focus our minds on a single campaign. Direct our hearts to a single passion: Earth first!
Before self, before money, before position, before all… earth first!
Basic and Immediate Platform of the Green Party of the Philippines
- Moratorium sa Lahat ng Pagmimina (National moratorium on all forms of mining)
- Pambansang Logging Ban at Reforestation/Aforestation ng 50% ng kalupaan ng mga malalaking isla (Nationwide logging ban and reforestation/aforestation of 50% of all land area of the major islands)
- Mabilis na pagpapalit mula non renewable sa renewable source ng enerhiya (Swift shift to full renewable sources of energy)
- Pambansang plastic ban at full implementation ng mga batas ng liquid, solid and toxic wastes (Nationwide plastic ban and full implementation of all solid waste, liquid waste and toxic waste management laws)
- Paglipat sa 100% organikong agrikultura at makakalikasang pangisdaan at suporta sa mga maliit na magsasaka at mamamalakayan; lalo na sa mga protektadong lugar (Shift to 100% organic agriculture with full support to small farmers and fisherfolks especially those within marine and farming protected areas)
- Proteksyon at suporta sa karapatan ng mga Katutubo, Bangsamoro at Cordillera sa kanilang sariling pamumuno at kaunlarang makakalikasan (Full protection and support to Indigenous Peoples, the Bangsamoro and Cordillera Peoples for their self governance and sustainable development)
- Makakalikasan Pamamahalang magbibigay kontrol at suporta sa mga lokal na komunidad sa pangangalaga sa kanilang kalikasan (Green Governance that will lead to more control and support for local communities to manage their own ecosystems)
- Paglipat sa electric public transport na suportado ng gobyerno para sa mga maliliit na driver at operator (Shift to electric pubic transport system with sufficient support from government to small drivers and operators)
- Proteksyon at rehabilitasyon ng mga ilog, lawa at mga protektadong lupa at dagat (Protection and rehabilitation of all rivers, lakes and protected lands and waters)
- Proteksyo sa pamamagitan ng pagpapalakas ng kakayanang mag adopt at hustisya sa pamamagitan ng kabayaran at rehabilitasyon sa mga biktima ng pagbabago ng klima at mga tagapagtanggol ng kalikasan (Protection through building community resiliency and adaptation and justice through reparation and rehabilitation of all victims and survivors of victims of the impacts of climate change)
For more information and to join visit www.greenparty.ph.
The Green Agenda
It is explicitly inherent that the following Green Agenda can only be implemented by a government where massive corruption is curtailed and public servants, elected or otherwise would be fully accountable and compliant to all our anti graft and corruption laws. As such, the Green Party subscribes to the highest degree of anti graft and corruption standards and will fully support any and all efforts so that government become graft and corruption free.
GREEN AGENDA SUMMARY
- Climate emergency actions
- Organic, safe food & food security
- Biodiversity conservation in sustainable habitats
- Sustainable forest cover
- A swift shift to renewable energy
- Ecological solid waste mgmt & pollution control
- Greening human settlements
- A national moratorium on mineral mining
- Sustainable development by green governance
- Full protection of “peoples” for self-determination towards sustainable development
THE GREEN AGENDA EXPLAINED
The Green Party of the Philippines is guided by the following 10-Point Green Political Agenda. In the next 25 (2020 to 2045) years, it will push the following:
AGENDA 1: Climate Change Actions that recognizes the reality of the climate change emergency endangering biodiversity, the gains of sustainable development & critical communities with high vulnerabilities. The country’s development goals, its national budget & programs should be prioritized for climate adaptation that also leads to mitigation. We will also pursue reparation for loss & damages and the rehabilitation & resettement of all survivors and expected victims; espcially coastal communities.
AGENDA 2: Safe Food and Food Security that will ensure public safety, empowerment of farming & fishing communities and achieve agricultural biodiversity conservation by shifting the country’s food production to 100% organic agriculture with full support to small farmers and fisherfolks especially those within marine and farming protected areas. This will demand shifting away from conventional chemical agriculture, and rejection of genetically engineered crops, will require that government subsidizes farmers who contributes in this shift to organic food production and will ensure that agriculture prioritizes food security for Filipino above the global market.
AGENDA 3 : Biodiversity Conservation in Sustainable Habitats that requires management and use of land, freshwater, wetlands, coastal, marine & other ecosystems be along ecological parameters, with soil, flora & fauna protected from degradation & exploitation & all natural resources protected from over utilization; and that rehabilitation, expansion and consolidation through biodiversity corridors of all watersheds and protected areas be prioritized with substantial subsidy from goverment. To do this, deployment of 75% of our armed forces in permanent ecosystem rehabitation work, the mandatory mobilization of all public servants in scheduled rehabilitation work, mobilization of all students and 4Ps program beneficiaries in reforestation and the training, deputization, funding from national government and mobilization of Barangay and IP tribal envionmenal enforcers with the PNP and the Philippine Coast Guard on call to assist will be done. Where possible and for isolated small islands, jails will be decongested with low risk prisoners serving time in minimum security conditions relocated to conduct voluntary eco conservation and rehabilation work in these islands. Furthermore, Also as part of this agenda, we will push for a nationwide moratorium on all land conversion until a national sustainable land use policy is adopted and institutionalize.
AGENDA 4: Sustainable Forest Cover ensured by the strict enforcement of a nationwide logging ban, and a nationwide ban on cutting of trees in all watersheds; with exception when done sustainably by IPs and other traditional users. This will also require the reforestation/aforestation; using rainforestation approach & utilizing native tree species, of atleast at least fifty per cent (50%) of all land area of all our major islands.
AGENDA 5: Swift Shift to Renewable Energy that will maintain our current renewable energy sources and develop new renewable sources of energy, phasing out our dependence on fossil fuels through a moratorium on additional power plants using non renewable sources and a 25 year shift to 100% renewable energy source while remaining critial over the nuclear energy option.
AGENDA 6: Ecological Solid Waste Management & Pollution Control by fully implementing all waste management and pollution related laws within 3 years with failing local executives and other government regulatory offices to be suspended, recalled and replaced for failure to implement these laws. This will include failure to stop importation, sale & distribution of toxic items in households, industrial and agricultural products. Also as part of this agenda pass a national legislation for the phase out of importation, manufacture, sale and use of singe use plastics in packaging of food & consumer products.
AGENDA 7: Greening Human Settlements by moving emphasis and state resources away from urbanization in favor of state subsidized & supported green communes in the rural areas where alternative low carbon, green sustainable living and local green economic and cultural systems may be tested out, starting with communities already affected by the impacts of climate change that will be voluntarily resettled in these communes. For those not yet ready or who will not shift into these settlements, a variety of urban greening efforts will be conducted; such as: a) state subsidized shift to electric mass transport systems while stricty regulating towards reduction of ownership of private vehicles, b) revival of existing and development of new, bigger greenbelts that will promote local products, slow food & will have car free and walkable cultural revival areas, & c) requiring all building rooftops to either or both have urban food/ herb gardens & solar panels.
AGENDA 8: National moratorium on all forms of mineral mining for 20 years until all natural resource valuation of all our islands are completed and no go areas for any form of mining is identified nationwide with full free, prior, informed consent of local communities or IPs are secured by the government for such declarations. Prior to this, all mining operations will be given a maximum of 3 years to conclude their operations paving way for the rehabilitation of these mining areas afterwards. A comprehensive review of all mining operations will be conducted in the 1st 6 months and those who violated mining laws and guidelines will be penalized immediately or closed down depending on the level of violations. During the period of moratorium, a national land use policy must be implemented & institutionalized rationalizing any future mining operation areas. Furthermore, a 100 year sustainabe development plan must be drawn up to specifically identify the mineral resources our sustainable development will actually require, if any and how down stream industries for processing these minerals for our own use will be setup. All these to be imbodied in a new national mining law that will be passed and implemented to ensure that ore only and export oriented mining will no longer be the norm and that we achieve national consensus derive from FPIC from local communities for mining in the Philippines is achieve before the moratorium is lifted.
AGENDA 9: Sustainable development through green governance by re nationalizing all basic utilities including electricity, water, mass transport system and gas & oil resources not only to ensure strict enforcement of environmental laws on these operations but also to mobilize national resources to go to agro ecological development driven by empowererd local communities to manage, conserve and develop their ecosystems. Tax and other financial, legal and administrative incentives will be implemented to move private sector and OFW remittances into investments to create green jobs and green industries and businesses. DepEd, CHED and TESDA will redesign its curriculum to produce graduates to drive this green enterpreneurial national process. DAP and other government training institutions will be redesigned to train government officials and employees on sustainable development and green governance. All national debts will be reviewed and renegotiated to find creative ways to setup debt for nature swap condonation and other modalities to condone, reduce or postpone payments of debts so we can have more resources for our sustainable development.
AGENDA 10: Full protection and support to Indigenous Peoples, the Bangsamoro and Cordillera Peoples for their self-governance and sustainable development by full competition of ancestral domain delineation and recognition of their ancestral domain claims within the first 3 years and the full subsidy for the 1st years of implementation of the ADSDPP (Ancestral Domain Strategic Development & Protection Plans) of every IPs (including the Cordillera peoples) and similar plans within the Bangsamoro.