There are about 100 families living in absolute stinking area where the City's waste is dumped. They live by rag picking from these wastes. There are not even basic facilities for these people like sanitation, drinking water, or whatsoever. There is not even a tea stall in that community. All that is there and can be felt is the stinking smell and the flied and unhygenic conditions that they live in:
- Deliverance Trust has come forward to support these families who have no support..
- There are around 27 ladies who have shown interest to learn tailoring so that they can make their livelihoods by stitching instead of rag picking.
- We plan to have tailoring classes and support them with sewing machines for their encouragement and livelihood.
- This is a zone no one wishes to go there, but we as a team have been their to see their discomfort and understand their need and a solution for their current situation. We could not find even a simple tea stall there, we could only find flies and mosquitoes in which they have compromised to live with.
- There are many children who are drop outs for their parents could not support their school fees. We wish to start a school there for these slum children
- There are elderly parents who have been left unattended, we wish to start an Old Age Home in their Community for such helpless Seniors.
- There are many single parent mothers who have been abandoned by their husbands, so they do not have any kind of support nor means to support for the man who picks rags has abandoned them. These single parents are in a much troubled state for they cannot support self nor the children.......
- Early marriage is also much prevalent in this community which needs to be stopped immediately for this is resulting in divorces and single parents
Looking at their desolate situation, we want to be a part of their suffering and support them with sustainable projects to give them a decent live by imparting skill training rather than rag picking.Thanks for your support and contribution
- Allen Bezaleel