€5,172.00raised of €15,000.00 goal goal
The campaign owner has stopped the page from accepting further donations. Please contact them if you'd still like to donate
WHO WE ARE
For the last 11 years, we have been devoted to the development of the tango community as a place of solidarity, freedom and creativity.
A big part of our mission is led by the desire to help our region, which suffered a lot in previous decades (and where today the average salary is 400-500 euros per month, and some earn even less), to awake and interconnect through tango – both within ourselves, as well as with the rest of the world.
That is why we provided very affordable and for some groups totally free tango classes. Besides, we built a network of truly affordable international events which, together with the rest of activities of other regional schools, make Balkan tango community one of the most dynamic worldwide, linking it with the rest of the tango world.
Everything mentioned is mostly enabled by the success of Belgrade Tango Encuentro, one of the world’s biggest tango festivals, which is most likely to be canceled this year, leaving loss on our investments, but also leaving Tango Natural with no resources needed to stay on the path of its mission.
The situation with COVID-19 has made us close the school and we are on the verge of canceling our big festival in May. This means not just losing the revenue, but also bringing into question the functioning and survival of the entire organization, where 15 instructors work and earn their salaries.
Any support that would help us through this first, most difficult period means to us, and it will help us build an alternative mode of sustaining ourselves. Speaking about numbers, our monthly costs for rents and salaries for 15 team members are around 8,000 euros and since we are currently left with no income, we ask you to help us endure the first 2 months of crisis.
Each donation means a lot, no matter how big or small!
With your donation you support
By donating, you will directly support:
- Paying the rent for our studios
- Paying salaries to members of our team which is necessity in order to maintain our profession and commitment to the spreading of tango worldwide during and after this crisis.That means once the crisis is over, you will help us continue with:
- Affordable classes, practicas and milongas for everyone which are very important for building a large and harmonious tango community. E.g. Monthly membership fee in our school (8-12 classes) is 25 euros. Price for each of our 3 regular milongas are around 1.2 euros and for 2 practicas, entrance is around 1 euro.
- Free milongas for beginners
- Free classes for high school students
- Special discount for tango young population (Mounty membership fee 15 euros).
- Free tango team buildings for university organisations
- Special 50% discount for retirees and low-income groups
- Organisation of super-affordable tango events with a number of additional tango and non-tango activities which are specially designed to support those who cannot afford regular tango events.
- Five international Tango Weekends (9 euros for the full pass)
- Summer Tango Camp (on hold) – 5 euros daily fee
- Summer Tango Spa – 10 euros daily fee
- New Year’s Belgrade Tango Marathon
- Port of Tango (Tivat, Montenegro) – coproduction
- Bratislava Tango Festival – co production
- Belgrade Tango Encuentro
Our next steps
During the upcoming period we will continue doing what we are best at – holding online classes, building and maintaining the tango community and spreading tango.We have already started giving free online classes on our Facebook page facebook.com/tangobeograd several times per week, for all those who miss some tango activities! We are also planning to start an online school for complete beginners and we will be grateful for your support in spreading this idea.
Thank you all for your warm words of support which have helped us tackle more easily all the challenges that we have, together with the rest of society, faced in the past days.
Dance is wonderful because of its closeness, but for this reason, it is also very vulnerable these days. Still, we believe that together we will find new solutions and answers.
- Tango Natural
- Campaign Owner
No updates for this campaign just yet