URGENT CALL FOR HELP!
Taal Volcano in the Philippines has sent an eruption plume a kilometer above the crater. In the early hours of Monday, a weak flow of lava began seeping out of Taal volcano - located some 70km (45 miles) south of the capital Manila. Taal had earlier emitted a huge plume of ash, triggering the mass evacuation of 8,000 people from the area. Loud “booming sounds” were heard from the volcano island, about seven kilometers away from the mainland town of Talisay. A total of 75 earthquakes have occurred in the Taal region, with 32 of these earthquakes ranking 2 and higher on the earthquake intensity scale, said Phivolcs.
Taal is the Philippines' second most active volcano. A 1911 eruption killed about 1,500 people. A 1974 eruption lasted several months.
About 6,000 residents on the island, surrounded by the Taal Lake, were ordered evacuated on boats to the main island of Batangas since the ground movements started yesterday.
Residents on the mainland are advised to prepare (for any eventuality).
With the Taal volcano in Batangas under Alert Level 4, at least 6,000 families living near the volcano were forced to flee their homes. We are asking for your prayers and generous heart for Filipinos affected by the natural disaster. Through your donation, we will be able to provide a relief response to displaced families and affected areas.
We will use the funds to buy:
1. Food packs (hot meals, fresh, ready-to-eat)
2. Clean, potable water and water containers
3. Cleaning materials
4. Sleeping mats, blankets, mosquito nets
5. Flashlights, rechargeable batteries, and emergency lamps
6. Toothbrush, toothpaste, bath and detergent soap, shampoo, sanitary pads, disposable diapers
7. Medical kits including basic medicines and N95 masks
8. We will look for trucks or any possible transportation we can use to rescue animals
9. Animal food
Every Filipino knows the unfortunate experience of going through such a calamity. It is just right that we answer the call of duty to serve the underprivileged and less-fortunate at their time of great need. Thank you for your help in advance!