I have volunteered at Concordia Children’s Services orphanage the last week. There are 25 children from ages 0-4, surging from backgrounds one more heart wrenching than the other. Yet, there are always contagious giggles resonating within the four walls of the orphanage, and loving embraces welcome anyone entering the playroom.
In addition to being an orphanage, CCS also works as a safe space for the children of poor and homeless families in the neighbourhood, where they spend days doing different activities; for example learning Taekwondo as a means of self defense but also self discipline.
I’ve launched this fundraiser in hopes of being able to support their basic necessities, and contribute to improving these children’s daily lives and surroundings. It costs money to send the kids to school, and there is still a need to find sponsors to cover these fees. Every penny and any donations, big and small, counts. Therefore, any contribution is appreciated immensely both by me and the orphanage.
The sum raised will go in its entirety to the children at Concordia Children’s Services.
To manifest God’s love and compassion by nurturing abandoned, neglected and surrendered infants, and empower older children through education and holistic development, and inspire donors and volunteers to be partners in creating a life-long impact in the lives of the children.
- To provide quality temporary care to abandoned and neglected children until they are placed in permanent loving homes.
- To do casework with abandoned and neglected children so they can return to their natural families or be placed in a permanent, stable and loving home.
- To provide protection for 124 vulnerable children from the dangers of the street.
- To work with street and urban poor children so they can grow up with proper education, dignity and accountability from having and empathetic staff.
- To render quality social services by insuring staff development, recruitment of volunteers and finding caring supporters to assist the children.
To read more about Concordia Children’s Services go to:
Thank you very much for your support.