I have always dreamed about creating a platform where anybody can trade online with peace of mind. In January 2019, I decided to start pursuing this dream and registered Dollarchain Investments as a business.
I'm in my final year in college and all this time I have been working as a freelancer on a part time basis to get some money to put into this project and have some left for pocket money. I have managed to build the website but there are some core functionalities or extensions that I must add to make it as unique as it should be.
Here's a breakdown on why we are different from most eCommerce brands.
- We integrate our website with a freelance talent pool. From here, vendors from our store can hire Virtual Assistants to help them in describing and even listing their products.
- We integrate the website with an auctions functionality. Here vendors can sell products they wish to sell fast through normal or reverse auctions.
- We plan on organising annual vendor awards. During these awards, we will be rewarding vendors who excelled in a particular year to make the internet a safe place to shop from etc.
- Vendors can also hire delivery guys and have a team dedicated to them from their store admin dashboard.
- Vendors can also respond to customer queries online through live chat.
Our focus is to go live immediately after the end of COVID-19. If we hit our fundraiser goal, we'll use some funds to pay school fees for a few 'lucky' but financially weaker students whose parents were affected by this pandemic and may struggle to pay the fees. This is to show the society that apart from trying to make sure that they can shop online securely, we're also thinking about them.
We hope to continue with this culture even after the crisis when we start generating revenue to support as many dreams as possible.
We also plan on starting Dollarchain Foundation after we start generating revenue to help the vulnerable, especially the street children. The dream is to start a vocational school for the street children to equip them with necessary life skills that they can rely on to earn a living and live better lives.
Here is how we'll use the funds;
- Do cybersecurity audits and pen testing.
- Get business permit. (The business is already registered but we don't have the permit)
- Offer freebies and incentives to build a rapport with the potential clientbase.
- Launch a small program to support a few students who could have been impacted by the COVID-19 sit at home orders and they parents may struggle to get the fees on time.
- Install all the core integrationsgrations and buy basic office merchandise.