My Personal Introduction
My name is Edgar Rojas and I am from Juarez City, Mexico. Currently studying at National Taiwan University of Science and Technology as part of the International Master of Business Administration program. My main highlights are:
· 2008-2013. Permanent holder of the Excellence Scholarship (Autonomous University of Ciudad Juarez).
· October 2010. Distinction as "Top Outstanding Student" having obtained the highest grades in 2010 (Autonomous University of Ciudad Juarez).
· 2012-2013. Scholarship holder and promoter of the Scholarship Programs of the Government of the Republic of China, the University Mobility in Asia and the Pacific and the Special Scholarship of the Autonomous University of Ciudad Juarez in mobility.
· 2014-2016. Holder of the Taiwan Ministry of Education Scholarship for Master studies.
As a scholarship student in Taiwan, I have always had a great appreciation for Asia culture in general, mainly in countries where Mandarin Chinese is used. Mandarin language has become my inspiration and first goal to achieve. During my short stay in Taiwan, I've been studying Mandarin for myself every day and in different ways.
My Personal Proposal
I believe taking intensive courses of Mandarin would be the best way in which I could learn Chinese in a successful way. I do not have the necessary resources to finance myself to take intensive courses of Mandarin Chinese. Therefore, I would like to ask for your help to fund this personal project.
My proposal is to request funding to support intensive Mandarin courses during my stay in Taiwan. The project would consist of four 3-months intensive courses of 15 hours each week. During a year of intensive study of Mandarin, I would complete the elementary and intermediate levels, learning 1500 Chinese characters, 3000 word collocations and phrases, and more than 400 sentence patterns by the end of the intermediate classes. The high-quality and convenient educational institutions where I could take these intensive Mandarin courses are the following ones: Language Center of National Taiwan University (NTU), Mandarin Training Center of National Taiwan Normal University (NTNU) and the Chinese Language Center of National Chengchi University (NCCU).
During these intensive Mandarin courses, I would share my experiences with you through email and Facebook. At the end, I would take and approve the TOCFL examination to verify and show what I have learned from these courses.
After My Proposal
· I would like to share the knowledge of Mandarin Chinese to the foreign people and friends in Taiwan and East Asia, offering free language exchange with them.
·I’d like to promote the knowledge of Mandarin in my community back home and introduce them this language and more about it, offering free Chinese courses and language exchange.
· I want to offer free language exchange of Spanish and English to locals in Taiwan.
· I wonder to be part of social and cultural projects where I can share and communicate my ideas and opinions with people from Taiwan and Asia, be able to make a good connection between different cultures, share as most as I can about my culture and experiences.
I want to delve into the East Asia culture, exploring and knowing in a deeper way this wonderful place. I look forward to gain deeper theoretical and practical knowledge starting and managing most innovative projects. I wonder to continue learning and growing throughout my entire life, learn from my mistakes, give respect, help others, express gratitude, forgive and apply ethical principles to make a significant difference.
I would like to thank you for your time and attention to my proposal.