Mashujaa Productions is a group started in August 2016 in The Kisii University Grounds, consisting of 12 youth, who are actors and actresses. We are fighting for youth empowerment considering awaking talent and supporting art’s future outlook. Regarding the financial lack of youth empowerment and the Kenyan perception of art whereby art is regarded a part time occupation and never a full time career, art is so much underrated. We intend to fill a gap in society, bringing art on a higher and respectful level within the Kisii population and Kenya at large. We want to empower, mentor and train upcoming artists cutting across all art fields such as actors and actresses, musicians, video producers and movie directors, dancers among others. We intend to make a change in the society, by especially positively touching as many lives as possible among the youth. The group ought to have been registered by the end of 2016, had we not encountered financial constraints.
Our goal is to create a long lasting youth empowerment platform by:
- Conducting mentorship programmes by inviting experts in interdisciplinary art fields.
- Training interested youth in various arts by Mashujaa productions team.
- Offering a facility to enable practical classes in fields such as: acting, DJ lessons, video directing and shooting among others.
- Sourcing funds for promising developmental ideas among the youth.
- Marketing products from successfully funded ideas.
- Creating art awareness in the society.
- Putting up a theater house as base for production and to push art in Kisii
Regarding the last bullet point the theater house should be used as a funding source to maintain the long lasting of Mashujaa Productions and philosophy. Further this theater house is a reliable and safe source since there is only one cultural hall and neither cinema nor theater in Kisii.
We intend to start as a youth group and then grow into a good SACCO (Savings and Credit Cooperative Organization) that requires commonly affordable securities, to empower youth investments in all fields, across the nation and beyond taking to account that there are required securities that majority of the youth cannot provide to get funds and loans. If well guided and supported, the youth can honestly access funds, develop worthy investments and develop a good life for themselves and all their dependents. This will have improved lives of many people within and without Kenya.
We intend to start by setting up a theatre/movie show so as we can have the funds to support this project for long. Even if we had the approximated Kshs. 352,000 and use it directly in organising the mentorship and training sessions, it will not last long. However, if we invest the money as intended, the movie show can generate approximately Kshs. 5,000(51 US Dollars) which can be used to organize and pay invited guests at least once a week and even more, if the project develops to generate more income. If this project is successfully funded, most of the money will be used to purchase required equipment as indicated in our budget attached with this document so as to actualize our investment. Since we are starting from nill, we are sourcing funds to buy the required electronic equipment. This budget was drafted after our team visited various electronic shops and leading outlets locally and got the prices of commodities as at May 2017.
MASHUJAA STUDIOS BUDGET
- Two television [email protected] 45,000 KSHS. 90,000
- Four [email protected] 23,000 KSHS. 92,000
- 2 DSTV [email protected] 6,000 KSHS. 12,000
- 2 DVD [email protected] 3,500 KSHS. 7,000
- 1 [email protected] 40,000 KSHS. 40,000
- 2 [email protected] 4,500 KSHS. 9,000
- 4 Fans for air [email protected] KSHS. 7,000KSHS. 28,000
- Backup [email protected] 25,000 KSHS. 25,000
Total KSHS. 303,000
We approximate our total budget to about KSHS. 352,000 so that after acquiring the above equipment, the remaining amount, approximately KSHS. 49,000 will be used to rent a hall, acquire an operational permit, make seats and acquire a refrigerator.