Who we are
Befreestore is an eCommerce start-up business in Kampala Uganda providing a convenient, hustle-free platform to enable Ugandans enjoy the best online shopping experience. We are a team of 5 youth who after being faced with the reality of high levels of unemployment came together to start-up a dream eCommerce business. We are passionate about technology and business entrepreneurship and have varied skills in software engineering, social media marketing, entrepreneurship, accounting and finance, among others. You too can be Part of our Grand dream! that is almost being realized. As of today, we run one of the best eCommerce websites (befreestore.com) that is well designed, regularly updated with products and 45 vendors registered and uploading their products. On average, we boost of 15 sales per day. We deliver products across Uganda, the South Sudan (Juba), Kenya and Rwanda (up-to Kigali).
Local manufacturers and vendors with limited ability to manage their own online stores are provided with an opportunity to showcase and sell their products through our platform. Customers are able to browse through a catalog of regularly updated products, compare products, add to cart, complete their order and make payment by selecting either of their most preferred payment option (Cash-on-delivery, mobile money, credit card) and then have their products delivered at their location at the shortest time possible.
Our major challange
As a start-up business, we are challenged with advertising costs as well as logistics to enable us widely publicize our business, built confidence in Ugandans in online shopping, and be able to deliver orders to our customers at their locations at the shortest time possible.
- We need to raise money to support our marketing campaigns where we intend to rigorously advertise on Facebook, run Google AdWords, and locally advertise on NBS Television, one of the top TV stations in Uganda.
- The funds will also be used to buy a small motorcycle to facilitate our delivery of products to customers.
- We need to build a Mobile Application that will enable our customers easily browse through a range of products and make their order and automatically pay for the goods using Mobile Money. The mobile application will also have an ability to allow users continue browsing through our Catalog of products even when they are offline and then make order when they get online.
- The project will help to increase access to a wide range of products and services. This will give greater freedom to customers by ensuring that they can get what they want despite their geographical location.
- This project will help to increase more Jobs especially for young men and women who will be employed as Graphics Designers, Sales agents, customer relationship officers, logistics officers, marketeers, and software developers.
- The project will help to increase awareness of eCommerce services and most especially the advantages of online shopping in Uganda and the East African region.
- There will be increased utilization of mobile money services through the integration of mobile money services within the website and mobile application.