Support a South African Sports Woman Competing Internationally
...even a Super Senior Sports Woman ;)
Who would have thought that this ex-Springbok from many moons ago would have the chance to represent South Africa yet again? At 67 years of age, what an incredible opportunity and achievement.
Please support JILDA MANSON to come out of retirement and continue to thrive on the competitive tennis circuit once again.
Celebrate and encourage our senior sports women to stay fit, healthy, and strong, no matter what their age.
Many South African sports rely on the community of supporters to keep us in the game.
- What is happening?
- TSA (Tennis South Africa) has selected JILDA MANSON to play in the ITF (International Tennis Federation) Super-Seniors World Tennis Championships in September 2019 in Croatia.
- What does this mean?
- TSA (Tennis South Africa) does not sponsor these players, therefore in order to participate in this event, the players will incur significant personal expenses. (Estimated cost incurred: R25,000)
- How will the funds be used?
- Funds raised will go towards return flight from SA to Croatia (approx. R12,000), visa/fees/transfers (approx. R4,000), accommodation for 10 days (approx. R3,000) and food/travel expenses for 10 days (approx. R6,000).
- Who is JILDA MANSON?
- After 15 years overseas, JILDA MANSON returned to the South African Seniors Tennis Circuit only a year ago and, after travelling to and playing in tournaments across the country, is currently ranked #1 and #2 in South Africa (W65) in the Doubles and Singles respectively. (28/06/2019)
This particular sports women comes from a family who, over three generations, has represented South Africa in sports such as athletics, cricket, hockey, tennis, netball, and waterpolo. Surely, we as a community of supporters can give something back and help make this happen for her.
If you know JILDA MANSON, through family, friendship, a past work colleague, or a fellow sports person at one time or another, you can attest to the fact that this she is one of the most hard working, dedicated, disciplined, and dependable people you have ever known and a life-long, die-hard athlete. Please support her in sharing the expense of this sports tour to Croatia to represent her country in the Tennis World Championships and be a part of the community that encourages her to keep playing and continue competing for many years to come.
Any contribution helps as we share this expense amongst many - so please donate, big or small, and let's send JILDA MANSON overseas to represent South Africa; to represent fitness having no age limit; to represent strong women in sport; and to demonstrate that it is never too late to set new goals and dream new dreams.