Hey dog lovers,
I am a fellow friend of the hound the Philippines. Since day 0, I have been around dogs. I've kept and fed various breeds over the years. Most of which are Askals (common street dogs) that roam the our neighborhood. This 2020, I want to help more stray dogs move and give them better lives at the start of the new year!
Our local veterinary office has been active with free spay and neuter campaings (for pets with owners) as well as capturing stay dogs (kept at the local dog pound) in 2019. However, we feel that the effort has slowed down lately. And yes, most of these stray dogs are likely to be put down since they're common looking (most people prefer pretty, imported breeds), has skin desease, filthy looking, overcrowded dog pound cages and limited budget to feed the captured. My friends and I have discussed about this during the holiday gatherings and felt that we need to do our part and help at least some of these stray dogs and give them a better life this 2020 and not just get ended!
Our movement would include:
1. Befriending the selected stray so we can take them in without stressing the animal.
2. Veterinary care. (majority is skin issues from eating rubbish & malnutrition).
3. Care and full recovery (mutts need some lovin too)
4. A complete meal. (buff up the good bois)
5. Housing (keep them off the streets for good)
6. Spay or neuter (population control)
6. Finding a qualified adapter. (and advocate adoption, not buying pets)
The initial plan is to take in just 3-5 dogs and house them in our backyard but if we could get enough help, we could rent out a property and take in more!
This is why we'd like to ask your kind hearts to share some extra funds to help the abandoned man's best fiends. Your donation would greatly help us finance this cause. Any amount is welcome.