Protect and Save the Children (PS the Children) was initiated in 1999 as a project educating children about personal safety. Today, two decades later, it is a registered NGO with one mission: to ensure all children are protected from sexual abuse.
Today, one in four girls and one in six boys under the age of 18 have experienced some form of sexual abuse. Tragically, due to the lack of rights and dignity, enforcement and funds for education has worsened the situation. The number of child sexual abuse cases is escalating and these are only the reported cases – the tiny tip of a huge iceberg.
Why we seriously need your help
PS the Children survives purely on the kindness of public individuals and corporate contributions. But due to the economic downturn and financial cutbacks, our funds are rapidly drying up.
Today we’re barely staying afloat. We desperately need help. We cannot and must not let the children down. They have already suffered enough.
Your contribution will be used to
• Fuel understanding about the prevention of sexual abuse and how victims can reach out for help.
• Cover costs of commuting across the country to intervene and support victims and their families while dealing with the authorities.
• Provide therapy for children and adults who have been sexually abused.
• Secure our small team of staffers who relentlessly play multiple roles as case workers, counsellors, lobbyists, therapists and protectors to ensure victims are relocated to safe zones, away from their perpetrators.
(However, these only cover some of the needs for our mission.)
PSC’s four key pillars
• Educate and empower both children and adults on child rights, particularly sexual abuse.
• Host workshops to recognize the signs of sex abuse and take further action.
• Conduct “Keeping Me Safe” – a personal safety program for children in schools and communities.
• Implement child sexual abuse arbitration channels and services.
• Access to therapy, counselling and healing mechanisms.
• Collaboration with stakeholders to address the gaps in the child protection system.
Yes, we can go on and on about justifying our need for funds. But in the meantime, more and more children are being sexually abused across the country, every single day.
Let’s not waste time. Because we’re already out of time.
Please help the children
Please contribute to the cause.
Please help us Protect and Save the Children.