MPN Patient Advocacy Group Thailand has just been established in 2018 with a close group of about 40 ET patients under the consultancy of the Thai MPN Working Group chaired by Assistant Professor Noppadol Siritanaratkul who is MD Division of Hematology Dept. of Medicine Faculty of Siriraj Hospital.
Founder: Mr. Pasusant Wattanaboonya
Working Team: Mr. Burachai Wiboonthananan acting as the President and 4 committee members.
Present No. of Members: 85 persons (est. 100 by the end of 2019)
Our key objectives are
- to provide the most updated information about MPN blood cancers which consisted of PV , ET and MF for patients, care-givers and public.
- to act as the center of collaboration and support among patient members.
- to share the experiences which are useful for both patient members and public.
- to co-ordinate with Hematologist and experts in conducting the treatment activities which will benefit directly to patients
Current Activities : both done and still on-going between 2018 - 2019
- FB page with a column called “MPN Thai Talk” searching with @mpnthailand
- Official website i.e. www.mpnthailand.com highlighting the summary of MPN Horizons Conference 2018 which held in Prague, Czech Republic.
- Line application Room has been created for MPN patients and care-givers to share the useful experiences and knowledge each other day by day.
- Small group meeting about 5 – 10 members was held in January 2019 with an aim to build up the relationship and sharing experiences.
- Group Posters have been placed at the Hematology Clinics of the public hospitals such as Chulalongkorn hospital to publicize our group and invite MPN patients and caregivers to join our group.
- Short clip video was created to give basic information of MPN blood cancer in order to promote MPN Awareness Day on 12th of September,2019 and posted in several social media such as FB , Line , Instagram , Twitter and YouTube throughout September- Blood Cancer Month.
- Our group participated in the MPN Awareness Day Campaign with $1,000 reward as invited by MPN Advocates Network.
- I initiated to verbally give the knowledge of MPN blood cancers to patients and caregivers at Hematology clinic at Chulalongkorn hospital 2 times i.e. on September 12 and 22,2019 to promote both MPN and CML Awareness Day campaign.
- I was invited to attend MPN Horizons International Conference for Organizations representing People with MPN 2018 and 2019. Our group won The First Prize of Best Practice Poster Award this year 2019.
Pictures of our group’s activities
Most of the pictures of our group’s activities which were implemented during 2018 – 2019 are posted in our group FB page and website.
I really need DONATION from the generous people to support me in growing our group continuously for the benefit of both MPN patients and public in Thailand.