Who We Are
Star Wars Oregon is the combination of Cloud City Garrison, of the 501st Legion, and Kashyyyk Base, of the Rebel Legion. The Legions are worldwide Star Wars costuming and fundraising groups with a special focus on bringing joy and assistance to the lives of children (and children at heart). Cloud City Garrison and Kashyyyk Base participate in events, charitable functions, and fundraisers throughout the state of Oregon and SW Washington.
Help Us! You're Our Only Hope!
Our all-volunteer group spends hundreds, if not thousands, of our own dollars creating and maintaining our costumes so that we can make appearances for the pleasure of others. Though our necessary group expenses are minimal, we have ongoing annual fees to keep our web page running. We also like to add new things to our appearances so that even folks who've encoutered us before will have something new to experience when they see us again. This year we purchased a new photo backdrop that lets people look like they're part of a toy figure package. As more comic conventions make their way to the northwest, we also have more opportunities to participate in cons by setting up a booth for people to visit. We strive to make fan experiences at our convention booths fun and seamless, but there are a lot of things we need to buy to optimize the flow and security at our booths. Can you help us spread the joy of costuming and Star Wars by donating to help cover these costs?
How Your Contribution Will Help
Here is a breakdown of our current expenses, in order of priority:
- Annual web site fees: $125
- New photo backdrop: $123
- Cable lock for securing bins under tables at conventions: $13
- Two locking money bags to secure cash donations at events: $26 each = $52
- Clear acrylic box for monetary donations: $88
- Small padlocks for money donation box: $7
- New photo album/scrapbook: $20
- New 8x10 prints for scrapbook: $15
- Three stantions for line control at conventions: $106 each = $318
- Six battery-powered LED lights for backdrop set to eliminate having to "buy" power at conventions: $24 each = $144
Total expenses: $905
We will save any excess donations to put towards ongoing web site fees in the future.