The siege imposed on the Gaza Strip and the successive aggressions launched by Israeli forces on the Palestinians of Gaza have led to increase the Palestinians suffering and pain aside with the suffering of the rehabilitation centers and institution there. The Israeli ongoing aggression affects the lives of persons with disabilities and has a clear impact on their mental and physical progression. It sometimes worsens their trauma. People like them are in real need of our support to take their hands and help them to overcome this terrible phase of their lives by letting them integrate into the community and adapt with their disabilities.
The group of people with disabilities that we care about the most are the children with mental disabilities, children who suffer from Down Syndrome and children with autism. They have been suffering from extremely difficult conditions, and this suffering was exacerbated in various forms under the siege imposed on the Gaza Strip, where it was embodied in the deterioration of academic, social and psychological conditions.
Let's all start with our loving energy to support and serve them and provide them with a chance to interact and integrate into the society after completing safely the rehabilitation phase.
The idea of the project is to provide therapeutic, rehabilitation, academic and recreational services for children with mental disabilities, Down syndrome children and autistic children in the Gaza Strip for a period of not less than 6 months when noticing a clear positive impact on the students' progress, and the success of our rehabilitation and treatment plan take place. We are in the Basmat Amal Center seek to assist and rehabilitate them through accurate and effective rehabilitation, health, and academic plans.
Ensuring that 100 students with disabilities, Down Syndrome children and children of autism are integrated into the society and rehabilitated in the Gaza Strip.
- Providing educational and recreational services and programs that are suitable for children with disabilities.
- Contributing to the diagnosis and treatment of children with disabilities inside the center and integrating them into our community.
- Diagnosing and treating autistic children, working to reduce their unwanted behaviors, and improving their skills that will help them to integrate into the community.
- Providing a healthy meal for children
- Conducting behavior modification sessions to develop the children's social level and enhance their self-confidence.