Dear Everybody! My name is Tamás Kálmán and I teach English language at a university in Budapest. In my free time I organize job interview trainings to help unemployed people to start a new career and to find a better job. I also have a weekly blog in this topic.
The unemployment rate is almost 8% in my country. Unfortunately more than 45% of unemployed people are considered long-term unemployed who had been searching for a job for one year or more.
According to their statements the most serious problem they face is the job search and the job interview.
Just a few years ago, you could upload your resume to one of the sites, and wit a few mouse clicks, consider the job search well underway. Today, that isn’t enough. The job market is becoming increasingly competitive and hiring managers are overwhelmed with applications.
I believe that people in my community are not prepared and trained for these challenges, so I have decided to help them for free!
I have designed a short, extensive and very realistic training course with 3 blocks:
- Part 1: Effective CV & Cover letter
- Job-hunting methods (cold calling, advertisements), Structuring the CV, Avoiding common CV mistakes, Identifying key skills, Highlighting work experience, Features of cover letters, etc.
- Part 2: Job Interview Techniques
- Preparing for the Interview, Dealing with interview questions, Talking about yourself, Handling competency-based questions, Demonstrating your skills, Talking about your weaknesses (Turning – into +), etc.
- Part 3: Job Interview / Telephone interview Simulation & Follow Up Communication
- Job interview / Telephone interview simulation, Keeping in touch, Handling rejection, Negotiating terms and conditions, etc.
I have helped to more than a 1000 individuals and families to start a new career and to have a better life in the last 10 years. But the experiences show that these people are in a very difficult financial situation - often struggle with depression - and they are not able to finance their job interview training.
That is why I need your help!
The money I’m raising will offset the expenses of my program cost, such as renting the training facility and technical equipment, and miscellaneous expenses such as public transport and parking costs and printing the handouts.
Please help me make a difference to this worthy cause and leave a meaningful imprint on these people who aren’t fortunate enough to overcome their personal obstacles individually.
You can donate through a PayPal account. Any size donation means a lot for me and the people I want to help!
If you could also help by sharing my story, I would greatly appreciate it.