US$455.00raised of $500.00 goal goal
No more donations are being accepted at this time. Please contact the campaign owner if you would like to discuss further funding opportunities
This year I'm running the Angkor Wat Half Marathon to fundraise for the Indochina Starfish Foundation (ISF), an NGO which believes that Cambodian children living in extreme poverty can build a brighter, more sustainable future when they have access to quality education, healthcare and sport. With your support, we can make a difference, one child at a time.
Today, approximately 40% of Cambodia’s population live on less than $2 per day. Consequently, children often work long hours outside school, or are taken out of school completely in order to help financially support their family.
ISF offers a fast-track education programme to almost 700 disadvantaged students living in Cambodia’s capital Phnom Penh, who have either never been to school or who have had to drop out due to extreme poverty. Its programme condenses two years of education into one year to enable students to ‘catch up’ to the correct grade for their age and enter state school after completion. Once enrolled in state school, ISF offers students ongoing support to complete their primary and secondary education.
ISF also believe that valuable life lessons and opportunities can be found outside the classroom and currently runs Cambodia’s largest grassroots community football programme. Opportunities to play sport competitively are limited for the majority of Cambodian children and opportunities for children with disabilities to play sport in Cambodia are almost non-existent.
ISF's inclusive football programme comprises almost 4,000 young players of all abilities. They offer weekly training sessions and integrate social impact training, covering topics such as substance abuse, gender equality, children’s rights and many more relevant issues related to the communities where they work. In addition, ISF runs a number of annual tournaments, festivals and a youth league.
The more we raise, the bigger the impact we'll make.
- US$10 can provide a family with a monthly food parcel and help ensure that children can remain in school
- US$20 can pay for educational materials and stationary for one student for one year
- US$40 can buy a bicycle and helmet for a student who would otherwise have to walk more than 2km to school
- US$120 can provide monthly food parcels for a family for one year
- US$170 can provide breakfast and lunch (Monday-Saturday) for one student for one year
- US$500 can provide football kits for a football team of 25 players
- US$1,600 can give a child catch-up education, nutrition, medical care and support for one year
- US$2,600 can pay for a part-time local teacher for our Catch-up Education Programme for one year
- US$4,055 can sponsor a football team for one year
- US$10,000 can sponsor our football tournament for players of all abilities
Every donation counts and will enable us to help change the lives of disadvantaged Cambodian children through education, healthcare and sport.
- Kelsy Burns
This support campaign was created Sep 28, 2018
No updates for this campaign just yet