A MAJOR International Show Jumping Event
owned entirely by the FANS of the Sport!
Saturday November 1, 2014 8:00pm
Part of the Royal West Show Jumping Tournament
(held in the Agrium Western Event Centre in Calgary's Stampede Park)
The Spirit of the West Cup will be an event like none other in professional sports. This International Equestrian Show Jumping event will not be sponsored and owned by any one of the world's great corporations, but will be owned and sponsored by the great fans of the sport.
Show Jumping is rapidly growing in popularity around the world as a spectator sport, largley due to peoples love of animals. It is truly a unique sport where men and women compete on a level playing field, and unlike sports that involve things mechanical, (bikes, cars etc) Showjumping requires riders to have a solid relationship with their animal complete with trust an appreciation of each other and their respective roles in achieving the desired results in the competition ring.
Rocky Mountain Show Jumping & the Idea:
RMSJ is North America's most progressive Showjumping venue, and is world renowned for the management team's innovative thinking. President, John Anderson came up with this idea after years of listening to his competitors and talking with folks around the globe about their different interests in the sport. There was a common theme amongst everyone who shared the love of the sport in whatever capacity they participated, whether they be competitors or fans. "How can we help to keep our sport growing and popular with the fans" How about give the sport directly to the competitors and especially the fans? Allow them bring it to centre stage ... make them the VIP's. Born ... "The Spirit of the West Cup"
RMSJ is taking the "Spirit of the West Cup" global, and offering competitors and fans alike from around the world to participate in something never been done before. By allowing the global population of Show jumping lovers and supporters, we will allow you the fans to:
- Take control of an event that you can call your own!
- feel like a CEO of a major corporation that seeks out these types of events.
- share with your friends and other fans of the sport with the goal of helping to create one of the world's largest Showjumping events that YOU helped develop.
- Participate with whatever means you feel comfortable!
- donate whatever you like and feel that sense of satisfaction no matter what you give.
- Be rewarded for anything you donate!
- RMSJ believes that everyone should be thanked for their contribution no matter what level, because any size donation contributes to the success of the event.
- ROYAL WEST SUPPORTER:
- Your name will appear in the inaugural Royal West Souvenir program and scroll through the screen with all other supporters during the Livestream of the event. (unlimited)
- ROYAL WEST FAN:
- Includes Supporter reward + your name will be forever displayed with others on a "Wall of Fame" at the Rocky Mountain Show Jumping headquarters in Calgary. (unlimited)
- ROYAL WEST BRONZE CLUB:
- Includes prior rewards + commemorative "Spirit of the West Cup" fan Shirt. (max 3,000)
- ROYAL WEST SILVER CLUB:
- Includes prior rewards + commemorative "Spirit of the West Cup" custom fan Ball Cap. (max 2,500)
- ROYAL WEST GOLD CLUB:
- Includes prior rewards + a ticket to the "Spirit of the West Cup" on Saturday Nov 1, 2014. (A fan only event with special prizes TBA) (max 2,000)
- ROYAL WEST DIAMOND CLUB:
- Includes prior rewards + an exclusive "Spirit of the West Cup" Fan Appreciation dinner on Thursday Oct 30, 2014. ( Palliser Hotel ... with a meet and greet with all the riders) (max 300)
- ROYAL WEST VIP CLUB:
- Includes prior rewards - the Diamond Club level + commemorative Royal West Jacket & Private Skybox Suite box seats for the "Spirit of the West Cup" on Saturday Nov 1, 2014. (food and drink all inclusive) (max 200)
- ROYAL WEST PLATINUM CLUB:
- the top 3 donors above the VIP Club, will be flown from anywhere in the world, round trip, stay in the fabulous Fairmont Palliser Hotel, and present the awards in the centre of the ring on that special night to all of the amazing International Athelets and their amazing horses.
*** note Diamond Club Level must hit 300 to trigger the Fan Appreciation Dinner ***
***note Platinum Club Level award to top 3 only if the Spirit of the West raises $300,000 or more***
Q. When does the "Spirit of the West" fundraisedr close?
A. The fundraiser will remain open until July 1, 2014. On March 1, we will set the end date to July 1, and set the final gaol for the value of the "Spirit of the West Cup"
Q. What is the financial goal of the "Spirit of the West Cup?"
A. Our Goal is to give YOU the fans the satisfaction of sponsoring one of the top Showjumping events in the world, so the sky is the limit!
Q. What % of the funds go towards the value of the competition?
A. Donors can see that some great rewards are being offered. Your event will be streamed Live, and if the purse is large enough, televised. With all of the rewards, Television, and promotion of the event, and fundraising fees, a safe guess would be about 65% to the value of the "Spirit of ther West Cup" and 35% to cover all of the merchandise, promotional, and fees for the fundraiser.
Q. What would the management of the Royal West be happy in raising?
A. The Royal West is an exciting new Showjumping event located in one of the most vibrant cities in the world, Calgary, ALberta Canada. This concept has never been tried before, so we would be happy raising anything for the fans, but feel that with a small donation from a large portion of our fan base, we could easily raise over $300,000 to showcase this tremendous new Showjumping event at Stampede Park.