South Africa is experiencing major problems such as corruption, poor governance at all levels, poor managing of funds, extravagant remuneration for politicians, poor education, racism among blacks, whites and even among the different black tribes; land expropriation, poor policing and much more.
Currently the politicians are fighting amongst each other for power and the citizens are suffering, especially the poor. Unemployment is extremely high. An estimated 27% of all South Africans are still making an effort to look for jobs, while many others have given up.
The Southern African Development Initiative 4 U (SADI4U), is a registered company, aiming to assist in the upliftment of SA citizens and the economy, outside of politics. We have developed a website at a cost of hundreds of thousands of Rands, from which many challenges could be addressed.
We have already developed several solutions to address several problems, but we are unable to support it. We are even unable to support the portion of website that already went live; Without assistance we will have to close it down, which will be a great pity, as we can potentially help many people.
Currently we are focusing on:
- Job hunting; The SADI4U portal should work better than most others. Job Portals are extremely expensive for recruiters and if we can make it very affordable, even free of charge to some recruiters, not only could they find more vacancies for candidates, but they could also create job opportunities within their own business. I have also developed software to minimize their workload and would also like to supply this below cost.
- SADI4U is promoting support of local businesses to grow stronger, enabling them to create more jobs. A search facility is available on the website for people to locate businesses in their own community. To train and coach businesspeople affordably, it is envisioned to buy in business knowledge for publishing on the website.
- Businesses can load and advertise their products (including photos) on the SADI4U website.They each have a page of their own and we have agreements with private members to send email advertisements, especially on specials, and to keep them informed of what is happening in the community. This will be done in accordance with the Protection of Personal Information (POPI) act to avoid spamming.
- SADI4U offers private people the opportunity to earn a monthly commission of up to 40% on businesses they recruit. They will receive this commission for as long as the business pays membership fees.
- A programmer must be employed to maintain and improve the website. The running costs, including a junior programmer, would amount to roughly R50,000 (about $3500) per month. The project could however develop much faster if a more senior programmer is employed, which could stretch running costs to approximately R70,000 (about $5000) per month. I feel confident that the initiative would need financial assistance for only six months, after which it should be self-sufficient.