Who We Are
Walikale Engineering Africa is a Start-up, initiated by three brothers, university students, living in South Africa for about a decade, passionate about innovation for the transformation and development the emerging African connected businesses. It’s named after their home village in Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC).
Driven by the increasing energy demand in Africa, a lack of energy generation and distribution infrastructures, particularly in rural areas on the continent; the global trend for clean and renewable energy and the low penetration of information and communication technologies in vital sectors of the economy.
We are of the opinion that solar energy is the cleanest and most abundant energy source available, especially on the warm African continent and we strongly believe that with further exploration and exploitation with integration of information and communication technologies, there is a great potential to transform and develop the continent.
Project: Connected Tutoring
The south African educational system is faced with multiple challenges that have an overreaching impact on the entire South African society as it is through education that a nation can achieve and maintain growth and development. Some of the challenges include but are not limited to:
- Lack of basic amenities, infrastructure and learning resources in South African townships and rural schools
- Non-efficient use of resources with little accountability and transparency.
- Limited basic pedagogic and content knowledge competencies from a large number of teachers needed to impart the skills needed by learners specifically in math and science related subjects
- No culture of reading from learners and a lack of motivational push to learn from the community and families
- There is a shortage of experienced and trained math and science teaching staff in disadvantaged townships and rural schools
- Limited or non-existent exposure to new technologies with their potential.
Following the above-mentioned difficulties, we at Walikale engineering Africa propose an innovative solution to alleviate some of the challenges faced by schools in disadvantaged and rural Why o areas. The solution aims at providing learners an outlet where they will be exposed to information and communication technologies, could interact with competent and experienced tutors and interact with learners from other parts of the country (or the continent) sharing and discussing experiences. Additionally, with the use of renewable energy to power the proposed system we aim to inform and inspire the young generation on the use and importance of renewable energies technologies.
Your Donations and contributions will bring us closer, fulfilling these promises and reaching these goals.
Walikale Engineering Africa Ignites, Connects and Transforms Africa.