Welcome to Social Circle…
‘An inclusive community’
We offer creative and fun play based sessions for children and young people with additional needs. Sessions aim to develop various skills, such as:-
Communication Skills- These include, Listening Skills, Nonverbal Communication (Body language, eye contact, hand gestures, and tone)
Confidence (Interacting and collaborating with peers)
- Interpersonal skills(Respecting others by sharing, asking for permission, joining an activity, waiting your turn)
- Problem-solving skills(e.g., asking for help, apologizing, accepting consequences, deciding what to do, de-escalation)
- Literacy and Numeracy (Through fun verbal an numeracy games , arts and drama)
These skills are developed within a group through activities such as: Music, dance, drama, messy play, sports, games and arts and crafts. After getting to know members of our group, we incorporate their interests as much as possible into the sessions. Our minimum staff ratio is 4:1; however this may increase depending on the needs of the group. Our groups consist of up to 12 young people at one time.
These sessions are designed as a short break; therefor parents and cares do not have to stay with their child.
- Children are safe, happy and healthy.
- Children are encouraged to be independent and make choices.
- Children expand their horizons by taking part in exciting, developmentally appropriate activities and outings which they would otherwise be excluded from.
- Children’s resilience is built to help them to cope with new situations.
- Children develop their communication and social skills by building new relationships and friendships outside of their homes and schools.
- Children’s confidence and self-esteem is improved.
- Children’s behaviour shows respect and empathy for others.
- Parents have a short break from caring for their child during the school holiday which enables them to feel supported and better able to cope with their day to day tasks.