Hi, I am Junie and I am the owner of Snow. I live in the Philippines. I am raising this small amount of my dog Snow.
He is a very smart and intelligent dog. Among his siblings, he's the first one to develop mental capableness. Although a bit playful, but he doesn't usually play out of norm. He observes things before he even try to put engage himself. He doesn't bark right away whenever we have a visitor - he observes them, look at how his owners would respond to the people, and if he thinks they are not dangerous, he would just stand and guard without saying anything. Apart from that, you cannot easily fool my little guy (although he is 13kg). Whenever he roms around our place and you call him to get back inside, he would just do that. Yes, a bit stubborn sometimes, but he is a sweet thing. Me and family love him to death.
Last April 5, he was very lethargic, found some mucus on his eyes and nose is wet. We take him to the vet to have him examine. He was then diagnosed with Distemper.
Snow is a mixed breed. His mom is mixed Dalmatian and his dad is mixed Lab. Among his siblings, he is the only one who took his dad's labrador's browney fur. The rest were black and white spotted. He is now 2 years and 2 months old and weighing 13kg, originally about 15.5 kg.
So anyway, when our vet diagnosed him with Distemper I looked up to the internet to find out more and validate what the doc says. Disheartening as it may seem, it has no cure, but we still give him medication and double dosed vitamins.
His condition after getting out of the clinic was on and off. Some days he was okay, some days arent. Til last Tuesday night, I discovered he is having this short jaw grinding.
I panicked, of course. But unfortunately, the clinics are now closed, and our place don't have 24/7 for animals. I researched more about it and I started crying already, knowing that he will have no chance now that he passed through the neurological stage. After a long emotional moment, my husband talked me out on this Spinal Tap for the dog.
Went on to know more, and found out it was from Dr. Allen Sears. They are using NDV Spinal Tap. To make it short, I was convinced. I knew about the vaccine that they will use, but the procedure was rather complicated, at least how I gauge it. I find out more and more about the chances and success rates, and many do survive, including 2016 recent testimonies.
So I took him yesterday to the vet. In Iligan City Mindanao where I live there were only 6 vets and none of them would perform it, even when I said that it is my decision and I would take responsibility of the dog. They gave him distemper serum, and a whole of medications, with a total sum of of 3,942 pesos ($87.60). The vial itself is 1,500 pesos ($33.33) each, and they have to administer it for 5 straight days, with following shots til then.
I actually want to pushed on the Spinal Tap, since Snow's condition is in sever stage. And provided that it entered his brain, it has to be brain attacked. He had jaw seizure, almost every other 10 minutes and average to last over a minute, sometimes longer seizures with shorter intervals. Now he is twitching, and it's only a matter of time before his life will be over. But none of them dont want to, even if I beg to. Right now, he next beside me, crying in pain, silently praying he could share his pain to me so I'd bear it for him.
Ed Bond from www.kindheartsinaction was very responsive to me when I told him about Snow, and he recommended me doctors in Manila, which is a 2hrs flight from my place. I don't have a lot of money to fund this trip. I have already spend the last I can get on my bills yesterday. I did not even get a lunch just to make sure I can pay the bills for him.
I also emailed Dr. Allen Sears and he was responsive to me, and even gave me a full procedure to it. The only problem is no vet doctor will administer it. Yes, there are, but a few miles away from me.
I dont believe in euthanizing a dog. I believe we all have the right to live. Yes, he may be suffering, but what's the difference on us humans. We suffer, but it doesn't mean we give up. And even though I know that Distemper in uncurable, but I wanna try. Snow is fighting for his life, I don't think he wants to die to. And I would do anything, even asking or begging for donation to do for his medication and travel expenses.
I know it isn't that big money to raise. I still have smth left here on our bank account. But your donation will be a big lift. I want to take chances, instead of chasing pavements and beating around the bush for smth that our vets here don't even guarantee success rates.
You can know more of testimonies of Spinal Tap here... https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=ndv+spinal+tap
Snow would always be thankful for your help, and I, on the other hand will give you updates. May God bless you more!