Read this! Share this! It´s about SmåBUS. Because children's literature matters!
SmåBUS organizes a brilliant international Children's Book Festival in Småland (Sweden). Established writers and illustrators from different countries meet each other. Wonderful lectures, workshops and networking happen here, all in the spirit of Astrid Lindgren.
We need funding to keep going.
This is why:
RegionJönköping, in the heart of Småland, decided that SmåBUS is no longer a priority. We don't get any support from them. And that is awful.
It is simple: we did everything right but we are no longer a priority. Children's literature is no longer a priority.
Politicians complain about the lack of literacy skills, but children's literature is no longer a priority.
SmåBUS rocks, you all know that! So we don't give up. Among other things, we start with our own merchandising. Beautiful notebooks and sketchbooks with illustrations of fantastic SmåBUS illustrators! Please buy them! And if you have a shop, please sell them there too!
You, yes you! You can help SmåBUS by:
* coming to SmåBUS 2020. Register here and share the website with all the writers and illustrators you know. www.smabusfestival.se
* sponsoring SmåBUS through your company.
* donating through this page. With your donations, you make it possible for us to continue our important work with children's literature.
* sharing your knowledge and contacts by being a part of our
* and last but not least: for only 100 Swedish crowns
(app. 10 euro)/year, you can become a supporting SmåBUS member.