Skills Enhancement Program on Visual Communication
Youth Development is one of the advocacy of Bakhita Canossa Foundation Inc. - Philanthropic Development Office (BCFI - PDO)
Skills enhancement program is one of the project we would like to do for the next six (6 months). Since most of the youth within the community already have the basics of computer, the team would like to take another step of training on visual communication skills.
This Program will be freely given to the participants. They need not to pay any fee to take the course but we hiring skilled and professional Artist to teach and share the knowledge. The ratio of 1:1 (one laptop / portable desktop for every participants) is required for a more productive and effective and efficient for the the participants.
Results expected and target group
- Trained 60 Canossian youth from different communities namely Tondo, Bataan,Marikina, Samaar and Cavite
- Ten (10) are practicing through helping in the ad campaigns and programs of Canossian.
- Five (5) are continuing to upgrade their skills and will handle the next class.
Defined goal and objectives
1. To enhance the skills of Canossian through Visual Communication training.
2. To train more than 60 youth in 6 months.
1. To understand the meaning of visual communication
2. To be able to teach the Design 101 (Elements of Design, Typography, Color Wheel)
3. To be able to teach basic tools of Adobe Photoshop and InDesign
The societal vision of the organization
Giving enrichment opportunities of learning through skills enhancement program on visual communication.
Expected short-term and long-term results
1. There will be 20 youth trained and practicing visual communications skill through the various small activities and big events of the organization.
LONG TERM RESULT
1. To bring the module program to remote area of the Canossian community particularly in Jipapad, Eastern Samar, Philippines.
2. Trained youth are using the skills to do community service or make it as a source of income.
Beneficiaries of the project are Youth ages 15 – 39
1. High School or College
Problems solved by the project
i. Additional resources of dedicated, trained and skilled team for the visual communications materials
ii. Enhanced the visual communication skills of the youth.
iii. Produce more productive youth. iv. There will be more presentable graphic material campaign in the organization.
Total budget of the project
|Equipment and Materials
₱ 25,000.00 x 5
Total compensations per Class x No. of Classes
MARIKINA / TONDO / CAVITE
**Includes air fare, land travel and meals
**Price are based on current rate
Insurance ₱ 3,000.00
Philhealth ₱ 3,600.0
Monitoring, evaluation and follow-up a. Success criteria of the project
- 20% of the class is doing community service in terms of graphics design.
- 20% of the class continue to upgrade to advance class.
- 20% of the class offer to join the organizing team of skills enhancement program.
- 20% of the class are able to use the training to have a source of income.
Further plans and follow up
- Create a group of graphic artist.
- Create a livelihood program for graphic artist.
- Create additional training for
- Art Camp (Traditional Drawing of Paper and Pen)
- D.I.Y. Crafts and Arts
- Video Editing