I have been selected as one of seven teachers to teach English in Ipala, Guatemala this summer for the sister cities program(read below to find out more)! This oppourtunity is a dream come true for me as I will be living with a local Guatemalan family, practicing my Spanish and simultaneously, I will have the magnificient opportunity to give back by teaching English to local children ranging in ages from 5-17. The majority of the cost of room and board is covered however, travel to and from Guatemala is not included. On average flights are running between $600-$800 roundtrip from DC to Guatemala City. The dates for this year’s program are July 10-26, 2015. Please help me as I work towards reaching my goal to participate in this awesome once and a lifetime opportunity. EVERY little bit helps! Gracias!
- This marks the 7th annual Teacher Exchange Program with Ipala, Guatemala coordinated by Riverdale Park, Maryland as a part of the two town's sister city program
- Sister Cities International motivates and assists private citizens, municipal officials, and business leaders to conduct long-term, mutually beneficial sister city, county, or state relationships.
- The mission is “to promote peace through mutual respect, understanding, and cooperation — one individual, one community at a time,”
- Sister Cities International’s member programs focus on four main areas of exchange: arts and culture, youth and education, business and trade, and community development and technical exchange to connect citizens around the globe.
- Click here to find out more http://sistercities.org/about-sister-cities-international