She's your daughter, sister, or best friend. She your neighbor, co-worker, or child's teacher. She goes to bed after everyone and gets up before everyone.
She's providing for and raising a family on her own. She's the one you love, care for, and want to help. And now you can.
Research shows children raised by single moms have more health, wellness, cognitive, behavioral, and social issues than other children, and we want to change this. We believe all children should have the same potential, opportunities, and possibilities. We educate and empower their moms so they can better raise, provide for, and empower their kids.
Gone are the days of the traditional family. With 2 out of 3 kids raised by a single parent in the United States and over 300 million kids worldwide, single mothers are the new Modern Family.
Think of the single mom you know. She may not tell you but she is most likely struggling financially, mentally, or emotionally. She probably doesn’t have the help she needs to thrive, but there is help for her. YOU can be the one to make a difference. YOU can be the change maker in her life by supporting our campaign. This is not a single mom issue, it’s a family issue. It's about the children.
Single moms are working and raising children on their own, feeling overwhelmed and stressed. That pressure trickles down to their children, which then increases bullying, depression, and suicide. Research shows kids raised by single mothers have more social, cognitive, and behavioral issues than other children. They are more obese, have anxiety, and are depressed more than others their age. It’s time to start doing something to help these families so they have a future full of possibilities and potential.
That's Where We Come In!
The Single Mom Movement educates and empowers single moms so they can better empower the children of our future.
Our programs are designed to:
1. Give Single Moms a Place to Thrive
2. Improve health, wellness, self-confidence, and self-worth
3. Realize fear and self-doubt and how to overcome them
4. Recognize shame and how it manifests in our kids and provide tools and resources to become shame resilient
5. Increase self-esteem which leads to getting paid more and asking for what you’re worth
6. Create healthy life choices for the mom and child
In order to provide these needed programs to single moms and give them the support they need to thrive, we need your help.
We are raising $50,000 to get started. Here is how we will use your donations.
- Creating opportunities for single moms to get together, grow, and support one another in our specialized single mom community. Connecting with other moms who help them through their challenges as well as champion their successes. Finding their tribe and being accepted for who they are by people who are there now as well as advancing others who will get them to the other side and thrive.
- Conducting a pilot program to implement into hospitals. Since almost half of babies born are delivered to single moms, we can reach single moms right at the beginning when they start their journey. These programs will include monthly workshop, plugging into the community, providing follow-up calls to new single moms to support and see what their needs are. Workshop topics include self-care, self confidence, shame, fears, money management, and career development. These programs start with moms in their third trimester and follow the moms through the first year. No longer will single moms have to go home alone with no support.
- Providing fun and entertainment. Being a single mom can be very lonely, and they rarely take time for themselves and enjoy life. We are creating programs and getaways that allow them to relax and enjoy themselves. Not only will they have fun and come back renewed and rejuvenated to better provide for their kids, but they will meet other moms and forms lasting bonds.
- Adding team members to be able to provide the best support. These include: hire a third party vendor to coordinate the participants and the process of the program and outsource to review the process after the program concludes.
It's not just about single moms. We are:
- Improving family success and longevity. By increasing health and wellness, children are able to live healthy and gain confidence, worth, and esteem to flourish in their careers, relationships, and life.
- Showing how everyone can get involved, not just single moms. Providing a means for those who know a single mom and educating them how they can better support the single mom in their lives.
- Working with corporations to develop tailor made programs to increase health, wellness, productivity, and energy of every employee. When employees are taken care, they perform better, are happier, stay loyal, and help make the company more money.
Reaching single moms is crucial for them to thrive in today’s world. Let’s make a change NOW!
With your donation, we are able to give these single moms education and with EVERY $100 raised, we are sponsoring a single mom with a unique opportunity to be a part of a supportive community of other single moms who get it and understand. These women are there to help single moms through different stages in their lives so they can flourish and grow.
How Else You Can Help
Since single motherhood affects everyone, we know you want to help. There are several ways to get involved.
1. Contribute! Every donation moves us a step closer to helping single moms everywhere. With EVERY $100 donated, The Single Parent Movement sponsors a single mom to become part of our supportive community for a year where she finally gets to be around her tribe.
2. Share our campaign. Let others know about The Single Parent Movement by sharing our message on social media, email, or word of mouth. We can’t do this without your help.
3. Contact. Tell your local or national media outlet. Connect with your favorite magazine or talk show host and share how they can help the single mom in their life through this campaign.