We are planning to establish our school library unfortunately we haven't had the budget to finish the other room where we are to put the chairs and tables for reading, additionally we would also like to have some bookshelf for the books we are about to receive. We already have tied-up with Sir Roilingel Calilung of University of the Assumption Library where they pledge to give us around a thousand book though it won't be completed 'till the start of the school year hence I'm finding ways so that we can push-through with the establishment of our school library before the School Year 2019-2020 starts this June. Moreover BCL is also planning to connect our computers to online library data base. With your help we can make this happen.
Our goals are:
1. Revive the spirit of going to the library without relying too much on the internet for information.
2. Extend the information resources of our learners.
3. Make children appreciate the idea of searching information in the library.
4. Encourage our learners to love reading.
5. Make our learners realize the enjoyment of reading and borrowing books from the library.
6. and lastly... Set an example to other school so they too can establish their own libraries.
We would also greatly appreciate if you can donate books to our library so that we can expand our resources.
We are excited with your partnership to us and we are extending our gratitude to all who is planning to help.
Thank you so much
"Books are treasure boxes, we are the key to unlock them"
Neil B. Nocom - Teacher 2
Lakandula Elementary School.
This is the unfinished room where we plan to put chairs, tables and additional bookshelf.