Sultan Ibrahim Girls School (SIGS) Band was established in 1971 by Mrs. Dawn Parry. There were 46 members at that time and now the members more than 200. With the motto " rain or shine, the band still stand", SIGS Band was achieved many awards in the band competition over 47 years of establishment.
Among the achievements in World Championship Marching Band Show are :
- 2010 : 2nd runner-up in World Championship Marching Show Band in Singapore
- 2011 : Silver Award in World Championship Marching Show Band in Kuala Lumpur
- 2014 : Golden Award International Youth Marching Band Competition in Kuala Lumpur
- 2016 : Golden Award, World Championship Marching Show Band in Kuala Lumpur
We will participate 2018 World Association of Marching Show Band (WAMSB) World Championship for The WAMSB Award of Excellent that will be held from 25th July to 29th July 2018 in Taiwan.
The World Association of Marching Show Bands (WAMSB) is an international band association dedicated to promoting global communication and interaction between marching show bands. The Association aims to encourage active participation in marching show bands universally, to strengthen the movement internationally, and to stimulate the staging of world-class band events. The WAMSB Award of Excellence is an international award recognizing marching show bands exhibiting a world-class standard of excellence.
The purpose of The WAMSB Award of Excellent are:
- To identify, recognize and honor outstanding marching show bands that exhibit world-class excellence at the international level
- To establish and support international standards of excellence in musical performance, marching execution, choreography and show design for marching show bands
The benefits that we will gain by participating in this 2018 WAMSB are :
- To build a strong, survive and good character in person for all the band girls by participating in the high-end event during schools.
- To bring Malaysia and SIGS names in the world platform of championship marching show band.
- To have global exposure by learning and having new experiences in others country.
- To gain a spirit of teamwork among students, teachers, and parents.
- To prepare the girls to become good citizens of Malaysia.
We started to prepare for 2018 WAMSB in 2017. We also undergo the intensive training, camps, and workshops to ensure we prepare for the competition despite we have daily classes, tests, and exams. We put in extra efforts to ensure our band activities will not disturb our curriculum activities. This Project cost about RM1 Million and we had struggled to collect the fund for this Project since 2017 by performing in many occasions, events, and programmes in Johor and all over Malaysia.
The Band Girls performed in Negeri Johor Merdeka Celebration 2017 to raise fund for 2018 WAMSB
As of today, we require another USD15,000.00 to complete the fund for the Project. We choose crowdfunding because we believe this platform is the best way to get the fund to make our dream comes true. Based on ICT platform which connected to the payment gateway, we believe that crowdfunding initiative offered by GoGetFunding is a very reliable platform to raise fund.
The expenses that will be covered as below :
|Halal food preparation (breakfast, lunch & dinner) for 5 days||114||12,000.00|
|Transportation for kids & equipment from the airport to hotel||114||3,000.00|
|Total Amount (RM)||15,000.00|
It is quite difficult to have halal food in Taipei, Taiwan especially for a big number of people. Extension from that we bring our own chef and cooking appliances and equipment to prepare our halal foods for the kids. We also required 5 buses and 2 lorries to transport the girls and all the equipment from the airport to hotel and vice versa.
The total cost for both requirements would be approximate USD15,000.00
We hope that this initiative will make our dream comes true. Thank you to GoGetFunding and all crowdfunding supporters