- New Era University College conceived many years before the approach of the new millennium as a community-funded tertiary institution.
- New Era University College is founded by the community, for the community.
- A non-profit, non-government and non-partisan establishment.
- Committed to multi-cultural, holistic and socially responsible education.
- Upholds academic freedom and student’s autonomy.
- Promotes intellectual and artistic development.
- Encourages scientific and technological advancement.
Department of Drama & Visuals
The role of theatre and visuals in moulding a civic-minded society and in stimulating thoughts has become increasingly important around the world. In an era where technology and humanity should be moving side by side, our society is still stepping on the same ground. The art columns on newspapers are declining or disappearing; theatre audience are decreasing; people step into Starbucks but not into an art gallery, a theatre or movie theatre that is showing non-commercial films.
Noticing the phenomena, New Era College set up the Drama and Visuals Department in 2005, with the intention of developing local theatre and visuals (film and video), as well as facilitating to mould a society of civil and humane.
After World War II, Hua Qiao Secondary School (华侨中学) and Yu Hua Secondary School of Kajang established the Avant-Garde Theatre Company. Initiated by Zheng Tian Bao (郑天保) and the student committees of both schools, the Avant-Garde Theatre Company placed drama as the priority, with the belief that they could save the country through drama. Almost 70 years later, the Drama and Visuals Department of New Era College is set up on the same hill. The establishment is definitely meaningful, in terms of historical facts and future visions.
In the two-and-a-half-year course of study in the department of drama and visual, we not only learn knowledge in theory, but also learn how to make a short film. Therefore,students produce different short films every year.
In order to accept the students' results in the past two and a half years, the students will complete a graduation short film in the final semester and plan a film festival to broadcast the short films produced by the students. Through hands-on experience,students can learn more about the production position. For example: directing skills,photography skills, sound design, lighting design, set design and so on. In addition,students can take this opportunity to use the skills and knowledge they have learned in each class in a short film.
What We DO?
After shooting the short film, we will screening our film to public at our film festival. We will also invited selection committee to giver eview for our film.
Below is our details :
Date: 15th September 2019
Venue: Kajang ,New Era University College B500 Hall (Selangor)
About The Film
Tittle of Film : Cancer
Genre of Film : False Documentary with Drama
Languages of Film : Mandarin
Duration of Film : 15-20 minutes
Shooting Location : Ipoh & KL,Malaysia
- It's a story about a girl whose mother was cancer and how she take care her and accompany her to overcome.
- The false documentary is her school homework which is shooting a woman who rehabiliting cancer.
- The drama is her mother realise cancer, and she accompany her to overcome.
If you had interested, please kindly contact:
6018-258 7515 (Winnie Tan/Producer)