My daughter Shiloh Belle was born with Trisomy 21 (Down Syndrome), a congenital heart disease and hydrocephalus. During the first year of her life, she has been to the hospital a number of times. Due to her condition even the simplest sickness can be fatal. When she was three months old, we noticed an increase with her head size, we took her to the doctor and they said she probably has hydrocephalus (water in the brain). She was born in a foreign country (Kuwait), so I can say that God planned everything, she stayed in NICU for 45 days, imagine if she was born in the Philippines, it could've been millions. But fortunate enough all the treatment was free. But since we were not confident of foreign doctors handling the case of my daughter, we decided to go back to the Philippines.
She got her VP shunt surgery last July 4, 2018, it cost us almost half a million. We were able to gather more than half of what was needed but still it was not enough. As of today, we still owe the hospital (PCMC) nearly PHP100,000, we cannot pay that amount as our source of income is not that stable. I am an ESL Teacher, my income is based on the number of students who book my classes. My husband works in an express company, who delivers goods, but due to child care he needs to be at home. We have another daughter (6 years old), who goes to school, so we have to pay for tuition fees and allowances.
Another storm has come again, after a year, Shiloh's shunt malfunctioned, we rushed her to the ER last September 19, 2019 because she was having episodes of seizure. We did not realize that it was something really serious, we thought poor appetite and sleepiness were teething discomforts but it wasn't. We almost lost her, she was admitted to ICU a couple of hours later, she was deteriorating, her vitals were going down. We then suspected that maybe it was her shunt (the device placed inside her head), it was then that the neurologist found out that the shunt has malfunctioned. An emergency operation was the best option to save her, with God's grace, after the operation her vitals were stable.
Her shunt revision was done last September 27, it was a success. But until now she is having difficulty breathing and is still admitted in the ICU.
All our finances has been shed already, the amount that we have to pay as of the moment is almost PHP300,000 and running. Please help us raise the funds needed to pay for my daughter's hospital bill and post-op treatment.
May God bless you all.