You have two hands, one to help yourself and another to help others. That’s why we have entitled our cause to serve the Taylor’s lakeside community, “Helping Hands”. Our aim is to to construct a coop for Ducks and Geese which will not only provide shelter and protection to innocent beings but also it will allow them to carry out the reproduction process. This way, we will not only work for the better standard of living for the ducks and geese but we will also be able to meet our module “Business Skills for Engineers”, objectives.
The campaign mainly focuses on the safety of the ducks and geese which can live together in harmony if the requirements to do so are met. Their protection will not only give them a safe place to live and harbor in, but will also serve as a gift to us all. Without any coop, they are vulnerable to various dangers and inauspicious conditions, of which the most worrisome is their exposure to predators like iguanas present in the lake which may attack them and cause harm. We do not, in any circumstances, want these animals to be the victim of any sort of destruction.
Any measures carried out for the betterment of living things and specifically animals, always end in good results for the animals benefiting from it as well as the humans, creating a safe and sound ecosystem.
Ducks and geese can feel pain and emotions just like our dogs and cats, and just like we humans. They deserve the same freedom from cruelty like the animals we keep as pets in our homes deserve.
Anyone willing to help will be a part of a beautiful process since these coops will give favorable conditions to the birds in order for them to carry out reproduction, which cannot be possible if they’re not given secure places to live in. The ability of animals to reproduce efficiently is an integral component of animal agriculture and their need in the biosphere.
Their reproduction will be of great benefit as ducklings and goslings are a sight to look at! These beautiful birds are great for pest control and they lay eggs all year round. They’re deeply emotional and bond for life. They’re meticulously clean animals who keep their nests free of waste and debris, and they enjoy preening their feathers and flaunting their beautiful plumage for potential mates. You can watch ducks and geese parade around the yard all day and never get bored, because they are always talking to each other and reinforcing their pecking order, hence providing everyone with a viewing and learning experience.
“Like us, animals feel love, joy, fear and pain, but they cannot grasp the spoken word. It is our obligation to speak on their behalf ensuring their well-being and lives are respected and protected.” So take action and help us create a safe and happy home for these birds to live in.
What We Need & What You Get
- Funds needed are a total of RM1000, of which RM500 will be used to buy materials required for building a coop. RM200 will be used to buy rewards for the donors. The remaining RM300, along with additional funds (if donated) will be used to buy food for the ducks and goose. Respected lecturer, Madam Alice (Faculty of Social Sciences & Leisure Management) will personally see to the feeding.
- As students in Taylor’s school of engineering, the construction will be handled by us personally.
- In-case the target is not reached, the funds gathered will be used to purchase food.
First and foremost, the project will help protect the ducks and goose. It will maintain the ecosystem without fear of ducks/goose getting attacked by predators like the iguana present in the lake. Secondly, the project will provide students or staff with a viewing & learning experience of the life of ducks/geese. Lastly, a coop will allow the ducks to carry out the reproduction process and soon, Taylor’s will house baby ducklings and goslings. How Exciting!
Risks & Challenges
The risks involved in this project are as follows:
- The ducks/geese may not like the coop (shelter). Thus, they will not use it as expected. However, to avoid this issue, we went to get more ideas with experts so that we can make the right decision.
- Other animals (predators) like dogs and iguana may get access to the coop too. Hence, the ducks/geese eggs would be in danger (Vulnerable). But we will ensure that the coop is well secured.
- We are assuming that we will be able to convince the majority of Taylor's students and staff to fund our project.
- If the deem budget is not reached, this project will only be partly executed.
Other Ways You Can Help
Funding is not the only way to contribute in this great cause, you can support us by advertising in many other ways such as sharing our page on Facebook,Twitter and other social media platforms.
From right to left: Hans solo with his new friend, Huzaifah Yaseen, Malburet Loic, Muhammad Ally, Khizar Mushtaq. (Not included in photograph: Wasim Waris)
This crowdfunding project is under the module 'Business skills for engineers', as all members of the group are studying in the school of engineering at Taylor's. Every single one of us is an international. Countries we are from include; Pakistan, France, Kenya and Mauritius.