TRAVEL FOR A CAUSE: Benefiting the Young Adult with Special Need at Verlanie-Jade Home, Dasmariñas, Cavite
I've always dream to build a strong foundation for the poverty-stricken individual and share the skills I have in a meaningful way. Through travel I was able to expand my knowledge of what the real world is. Discovered the amazing environment behind its issues, THE NATURE and THE PEOPLE: culture and lifestyle on its context.
Since 2005, my advocacy to help and share a little contribution as much as I can of what I have earn and save for A CAUSE or SOMEONE in need especially for the kids (Street Children, Adopted Community, Gawad Kalinga). The past community services I had made meaningful mark in someone's life as well as to myself.
This time I choose to serve the residence of Cluster 2: Jade Home, one of the 7 advocacy of Verlanie an Non-Government Organization (NGO) that helps the less fortunate Filipinos in the Philippines. It is located at Dasmarinas, Cavite caring the young adult with special needs.
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY:
The Verlanie-Jade Home is located at Charbel, Dasmarinas, Cavite Philippines.With 21 male and 10 female total of 31 residence with special need ages from 16-37 years old.They are mostly abandoned by their parents or relative and street children adopted by Verlanie Foundation. They are with severe and profound disabilities and Verlanie are doing an effort to address their needs.
Verlanie-Jade Home has 5 home parents look after the young adult from their daily routine like how to properly eat food, putting own clothes, cleaning the home and etc.There are also staff supervises and manages the residence also, linking with other institution that could be in help with the young adults.
With your kind help, my goal is to fundraise cash or in kind donation for the young adult in their morning meal, food and hygiene supply.
My plan is to fundraise until Sunday, 29th June, 2019.This will be a great help added budget to purchase meal, sack of rice, food, and hygiene supplies to sustain young adult necessity for their daily needs. Activity on the day of visit is also in the wishlist. With volunteer friends taking to the home residence all the donation was already been planned and organized.
Initially, I will be donating 10% of my monthly income which not enough to pursue for the number of resident on the target date.
In return, anyone who are willing to participate or sponsor in my project will received in exchange:
30-50 USD (1,500- 2,500PHP): An “homemade” postcard directly at your home!
+50- 150 USD (+1,500-7,500PHP): A postcard + a personalize photo!
+150USD (+7,500PHP): A postcard + personalized photo + souvenir shirt
Progress of the project will be posted for project updates.
Others ways to donate:
- You may donate via Paypal: [email protected] (please put "donation" or something similar in the subject note!)
- Direct bank transfer (please put "donation" or something similar in the reference!) Philippines:
ACCOUNT #: 0969 3628 05 [BPI SAVINGS: PROSEFINA SICO AUSTRIA]
- Bring Food. Preferably morning meal for kids. We encourage environmental friendly use of materials especially if it’s already food packed.
- Join in mini activity. There are activities will be prepared for the residence and looking for volunteers to facilitate the activity as well as for the distribution of foods and supplies.
- Food supplies. Preferably supplies for young adult 16-37 yrs. old. The management of Verlanie-Jade Home wish that the visitors refrain in bringing sweets for the residence that may affect with the young adult’s behavior.
- Toiletries/Hygienic Supplies. Towel, soap, toothpaste, toothbrush, shampoo etc.
This is a kickstart service in the residence of Jade Home Dasmariñas, Cavite. We are also planning future services that will fit to the needs/assistant of the residents.
Out little deeds, collectively will be BIG way to SHARE. Help me and be the torch of sharing little kindness.
Thank you very much for the SUPPORT.