Global Volunteer Network- Seychelles
In Seychelles, volunteers, like myself, assist in marine conservation efforts run in conjunction with the local government. I will be based on the main island of Mahe where I will be offered unique training opportunities that will prepare me for my placement. This project's efforts have been prioritized in tandem with local government agencies, the Seychelles Ministry of Environment, and several local non-governmental organizations.
Some of the work I will assist in include:
- Coral reef monitoring and recovery research (using SCUBA)
- Invertebrate fisheries surveys
- Whale shark migration observations
- Plankton sampling research
- In-water Sea Turtle surveys
- Sea Turtle nesting surveys
- Helping to train local partners
- Developing of an environmental education and awareness program
If you can, please help me reach my goal. I truly appreciate any support you can provide. It will benefit a great cause! If you can't donate at this time, please help me reach my goal by sharing this on Facebook, Twitter, or any other social network. Thank you so much for your generosity!