Help is required for two related families with several genetically disabled children on the Island of Bali in Indonesia.
Both families live together in an adhoc wooden and bamboo shack in Denpasar, Bali which is on the verge of collapse. They are in desperate need of money to pay for food, clothing, housing repairs and medical assesments.
The condition appears to affect the lower limbs the most, their legs become stiff and twisted as they grow older. They are unable to speak, take care of themselves or go to school. The ages range from ~6 months to ~20 years. The only government assistance they receive is 15KG of rice per month for each family and a small amount of money for two of the boys every three months. This is no where near enough to feed them all properly.
Both parents of each family work casually in a local market and take home approx. $2-$5 per day if they get work.
More photo's can be found here:
We are seeking funds to help pay for the following things in the short term;
- Large bags of rice (we've had two 25KG bags of rice donated so far)
- Fresh fruit and vegetables
- Clothing (several large suitcases of toys and clothes have been donated so this is no longer required)
- Toiletries (a limited supply of toiletries have been donated locally)
- Reusable adult nappies/diapers
- Medical Assesments for the disabled children
- Housing repairs to stablise the building
- Drainage management
- Paint, ceramic tiles and various building and maintenance materials
- Waterproof matresses and linen (an outdoor matress and bean bag have been donated by Sole Men for the two older boys who spend all day laying on the concrete. We are still in need of waterproof matresses for the bedrooms.)
- Elementary school fees, uniforms and stationary for the girls. (We have since located sponsors for all girls up until the age of eighteen so this is no longer required.)
Mother and Father
3 boys (all disabled)
2 girls (one close to 12 months old is developing signs of the disability, the other one is normal and goes to school)
Mother and Father
2 boys (both disabled)
3 girls (all appear normal but one is around 6 months old and may develop symptoms later)
These two families are desperate for help and have been neglected for too long.
Indonesia Sole Men