Hi, I am Jennie Crawford and have worked off and on in northern Uganda with Finding the Way for the past 5 years. I will live there full-time in 2014 and am raising money to help fund my expenses to work and cover costs to serve in Uganda.
What does Finding the Way do?
- Adopt a Village - give long-term investment to help learn life skills and overcome trauma for those who suffered from 22 years in refugee camps; includes income generating projects, clean water, agriculture, and relational encouragement
- School Fees Sponsorshp for Orphans and Vulnerable Children - work directly with children who otherwise would not go to school; individuals sponsor through FTW for fees, uniform, and meals
- Widow Empowerment - work with a group of widows to help with income generating business; construct huts for those with no where to live; relational encouragement
- Small-business Training - provide seminars to teach how to start and maintain healthy, successful businesses; work with ones who are starting businesses to help them throughout the process
- Adopt-a-Club Soccer Partnership - investing in youth through soccer/football to help them learn focus, discipline, leadership, and team/unity skills; encourage through relationship
- Watch a short presentation explaining the work: FTW Presentation
What will I be doing?
- Helping to construct huts for widows
- Develop and teach more small-business training seminars - for widows and for refugees
- Create and implement a job training program
- Spend time with sponsored children to encourage and support them
- Teach and continue to encourage people in the villages
- Help develop and implement the Soccer program
- Lead groups of volunteers coming to serve throughout the year
You can have a direct impact on people who are overcoming the affects of 20 years of rebel war. It would be an honor to have you involved.
Check back to learn more about the progress of this fundraiser and the work of FTW!