UPDATE! WE ARE MARCHING FROM NEW YORK ANIMAL CONTROL TO GRACIE MANSION, THE MAYOR OF NEW YORK'S HOME.
This fundraiser is exclusively to BOOST THE PROTEST AND MARCH AGAINST NY ACC on Sept 16, 2017 - on Facebook. We can boost (advertise) it to HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE if not millions directly to NYC and a 90 mile radius. Within 48 hours you will receive a screenshot of the proof of your specific boost!
Let's top our own record of 300 attendees and not settle for less than 500. We will have a marching route from NY ACC which we are working out with the NYPD. Please see the event page.
1) An OPEN BID - an entirely new entity with proven TRUE NO KILL track record to completely take over the animal control facilities of NYC from the Dept of Heath. This may involve the State Legislature as well as the NYC Council.
2) No longer will we tolerate a lack of vetting. Rescues should NOT be responsible as it is LAW that during the three day hold all vetting that is absolutely necessary must be performed. We will file a lawsuit before the protest date.
3) There should NOT BE a three day hold - no animals should ever be killed unless euthanized for serious illness. (To clarify: There should be NO HOLD TIME WHATSOEVER on the route to killing the animal. A stray animal that is truly a stray should be "held" until it is known that a RTO (return to owner) is not possible.)
4) As we have been protesting into our seventh year, TRUE NO KILL ANIMAL FACILITIES IN QUEENS AND THE BRONX - NOW! NEW FACILITIES IN MANHATTAN AND THE BRONX. No longer should we tolerate these decrepit disease ridden conditions for these precious babies in the richest city in the world.
We will wear red and march through the city streets of NYC beating drums.
Call Kate Riviello, Organizer, 845 856 7366 with any questions or suggestions.
Let's be that example that we SHOULD be!
LEGISLATIVE CHANGES WORKED/WORKING ON:
1) Repeal the weight ban in NYC Housing Authority.
2) Build True No Kill Facilities in Queens & the Bronx.
3) Filed Criminal Complaints for Lack of Veterinary Care demanding they are held accountable, lawsuit pending.
4) Filed Criminal Complaint for Corruption and Racketeering, lawsuit pending.
5) Legislation needed at the state level to remove animal control from under the Dept of Health to a proven True No Kill Rescue entity with an
OPEN BID. It is the epitome of corruption for a fake nonprofit with
government cronies and criminals to run animal control facility with
such arrogance and impunity.
6) Require nonprofit animal rescues
to be transparent in posting out future dispositions of animals that
they have pulled from death row.
7) Any 501c3 nonprofit rescue
from anywhere in the country should be able to pull a death row animal -
remove the CARTEL that controls pledges, donations and Maddie's Fund
dollars, ostrasizing, attacking and shunning any other rescue that
wishes to pull.
8) Remove the time limit for animal to be rescued.
No animal should ever be killed unless incurable illness or injury is
9) Cameras must be placed in all areas of the facility
including the veterinary suite where animals are treated and killed -