Hi all, I am Tonie Yip from Hong Kong and I am part of the Hong Kong Regional Masters Swimming Team and the local SC called “Kwun Tong Swimming Club”. I have been swimming for more than 26 years now and I am looking forward for the best performance at in the competitive swimming internationally. I have specialized in the Freestyle and Breaststroke (50 and 100 meters).
I have taken part in some Hong Kong local district swimming competitions since 1997. Recently, I have been at multiple Hong Kong Masters Swimming Championships. (Short and long courses both).
- 1997 Hong Kong local district swimming champs: 50m breaststroke, Place 2nd
- 1998 Hong Kong local district swimming champs: 50m breaststroke, Place 2nd
- 2005 Hong Kong local district swimming champs: 50m breaststroke, Place 2nd
- 2009 Hong Kong local district swimming champs: 50m breaststroke, Place 2nd
- 2011 Hong Kong local district swimming champs: 50m breaststroke, Place 2nd
- 2013 Hong Kong local district swimming champs: 50m breaststroke, Place 3rd
- 2015 Hong Kong local district swimming Champs: 100m freestyle, Place 3rd
- 2017 Hong Kong National Annual Long Course Masters Swimming Champs: 50m Freestyle, Aged 35-39, Place 3rd
- 2017-2018 Hong Kong Short Course Masters Swimming Champs (Part 2): 25m Freestyle, Aged 35-39, Place 3rd
My goal for next 2 years is to be a Hong Kong record holder on the 50m/100m Freestyle and 50m/100m Breaststroke in Masters Swimming after Hong Kong Annual Long Course Masters Swimming Championships hold in late of November 2018. I also make a future target to represent Hong Kong, China for the FINA World Masters Championships 2019.(Gwangju, Korea in 2019)
How to make the dream comes true? I will attend the following competitions:
- 2018-2019 Hong Kong Short Course Masters Swimming Competition – Part 1 (09/16/2018)
- Hong Kong Western District Swimming Competition 2018 (09/23/2018)
- Hong Kong Master Games 2018 - Swimming (11/11/2018)
- Hong Kong Eastern District Swimming Competition 2018 (18/11/2018)
Time record target:
50m freestyle: 34s (2018-2019)
50m breaststroke: 36s (2018-2019)
In order to achieve that, I need to be focused only on swimming and to be practicing hard 6 days a week as well as young athletes. In swimming every tenth of a second of your personal best time is a great accomplishment and it can take you years of hard work to make it.
Unfortunately I cannot be focused on swimming all the time because in Hong Kong there are not many unless those who are in professional group selected by the Hong Kong Sports Institute and the Hong Kong Amateur Swimming Association (HKASA) as well as FINA, if any at all, sponsors for the swimming clubs and federation and for that reason there are no professional contracts. I need to personally fund my sports nutrition, physical therapy, workout and travel costs to some of the meets. There is no way to do that without having job different than swimming and this is why I am working full time. Therefore, I need about HK$8,500 (Estimates to US$1,100) for my preparation for the championships this year and I am asking kindly for your support. I would be really grateful if you wish to help me achieve my dreams and be part of that fight for cutting down personal best times in swimming. Thank you!
Please promote this campaign via any social medias like Facebook, Twitter, etc..
Email: [email protected]
Whatsapp: +852-53630563 (Tonie Yip)