US$320.00raised of $5,000.00 goal goal
UPDATE: Donations via Costa Rican bank transfer is now available. See below.
Anthonny Flores's dream is to become one of the world's top longboard surfers. Surfing for 23 years, and competing professionally for more than 15, he has dedicated his life to this sport. Over the last twelve months, he has worked and trained tirelessly, competing in local, national, and Olympic-level surf competitions. His determination and focus thus far have helped him achieve this year:
- 2023 Pacific Circuit 1st Place win, becoming the first longboard champion in this inaugural regional competition
- 2022 ALA Pro Tour 2nd Place win, becoming the second ranked longboard surfer in all of Latin America
- 2023 National Circuit 1st Place win in Longboard, making him the undisputed 6X Costa Rica National Longboard Champion
- 3rd Place, Olympic Bronze Medal win at the 2023 Central American and Caribbean Games, making history as the first Olympic medal won in surfing for Costa Rica in these games.
- 4th Place, Olympic Copper Medal win at the 2023 Pan American Surfing Games, qualifying him for the 2023 Pan American Games as the sole representative for Costa Rica in Men's Longboard
- 2nd Place win at the 2023 ALAS Pro Tour Guatemala event, earning him a top rank in the first of two longboard events for the 2023 Latin American Circuit
The next stops for Anthonny this year is El Salvador, for the chance to win the 2023 ALAS Pro Tour championship, and California, to kick-off the 2024 World Surf League's (WSL) longboard qualifiers and season. Participation in both the ALAS and WSL international circuits is unfortunately not covered financially by Costa Rica's national surf federation or the Olympic committee, which is why we are asking for your help and support.
We are raising funds to send Anthonny to represent Costa Rica in these upcoming international competitions:
- ALAS Pro Tour El Salvador, to crown the 2023 Latin American longboard champion in November
- World Surf League (WSL) longboard 2024 season qualifier event in Morro Bay, California in December
All donations will go directly toward covering his competition expenses, including round-trip airfare, baggage and board bag fees, hotels/accommodations, food and meals, taxis and transfers, and contest entry fees.
By donating or sharing this fundraiser, you will not only help Anthonny move a step closer toward his dream but you will also help elevate Costa Rica in the world of elite-level competitive surfing.
Costa Rica is a relatively small country with a big and global surf community. No donation is too small; any and all support will help in Anthonny's journey.
Thank you in advance!
Costa Rican bank transfer info to Anthonny's account in Banco National:
- Morganna Nickoff
Anthonny wins 2nd 🥈 in ALAS Pro GuatemalaUpdate posted by Morganna Nickoff at 04:47 pm
This past weekend, at the first of two longboard events of the ALAS Pro Tour Latin American circuit, Anthonny won 2nd place - silver medal -- at the event! He beat former 2022 ALAS Longboard Champ, Tzahui Poo from Mexico, in the semifinals to make it to the final heat.
Our first $100 donation! Thank you!Update posted by Morganna Nickoff at 09:51 pm
Let's keep the momentum going -- please share and spread the word for Anthonny! Gracias
We've crossed $100 already!Update posted by Morganna Nickoff at 03:24 pm
Thank you to our early donors for already helping us cross $100 in the first 24 hours! Let's keep the momentum going, everyone! :-)