Hi Dear Humans,
My name is Shama. I am 29 years old and here is why I am sharing my personal story that brought me to this amazing journey in life.
When I was 9 years old, I was an orphan in India; lacking a dignifying life, and no hope for the future.
In my case, I was fortunate because a Spanish family decided to reach out of their comfort zone and adopt me when I was 10 years old. They gave me a whole new world of opportunities, starting with the most basic necessities such as food, home, love, and education.
This one chance that was given to me, allowed me to stand by myself, finding joy and developing my personal and professional skills.
I took the decision to share my luck by taking the courage to help children in Malagiri (Nepal) because sometimes one opportunity is enough to change a life.
Through my personal experience and my travels to Nepal, I have gained the support from the Malagiri community and other community-led organisations such as:
• Conscious Impact: https://www.consciousimpact.org/
• Woven Earth: http://wovenearth.org/
• Dharti Mata: https://www.facebook.com/Loveladypads
• Rural Human Development (Babita´s Vision): who is my legal local partner in the project to help children in a disadvantaged situation after the earthquake in 2015.
These organisations share with me their experience in community development, obtained throughout the years and give me guidance.
The location (Malagiri) was chosen due to some land was offered for this project in there by the community of Babita, a Nepali woman and an inspiring entrepreneur committed to the human development.
Therefore the organization, Resilient Steps Foundation, based in The Netherlands, has the aim to provide the kids in Malagiri:
• Quality Education
• Health Care
We believe that all human beings deserve this.
In order to achieve this dream, our first step is to build a self-sustainable home, where we can provide shelter for 40 children, who will be selected working together with Nepali social workers, psychologists, and the children department of Nepal.
The second step is to provide to these disadvantaged children the help they need to grow with dignity: food, health care, education and emotional support.
Our aim in long-term is to create as well:
• A community learning center
• Gender Equality programmes
• A qualified volunteering programme
• Ecological agriculture, with Permaculture principles, a seed bank, a green house, etc.
• A point of local sustainable economic growth
From September 2018 onwards we will begin building the house, and for that, we start now our campaign so we can reach our expected budget to gather the materials and to pay our workers and suppliers.
How can your help to make all this possible?
• Support this crowdfunding campaign to build the orphanage, the first step to start this big adventure. For that, we need to cover salaries,volunteering base maintenance, the cost for the construction materials (sand, cement, gravel, timber, etc.) and their transport expenses. We have our own Compressed Stabilized Earth Blocks (CSEB) machine, which will allows us to make our own bricks for the house.
• Come to Malagiri (Nepal), build with us and experience the Nepali community from October 2018 on.
• Sponsor a child from 20 euros per month in the near future that will give access to the kids with school fees, uniform, books, extra activities and pay the fixed costs.
For more information, please contact us at [email protected]
"The spiritual evolution is not manifested by the ability to store knowledge, declaiming truths or miracles, but also by the own capacity to correct mistakes." Rudolf Steiner