The self-reliant development is designed to lift the poor rural women and the surrounding disadvantaged communities of Marani Sub County out of poverty by enhancing their capabilities to harness their potentials for self-reliant development. It is an attempt to activate the demand side of development. The project is proposed for Marani Sub County of the one Kisii County-Republic of Kenya
The project is to initiate economic, social, psychological and spiritual change at the community levels for developing self-reliant cooperatives/microfinance institution that will support and build the potential of local communities to enhance and harness their own individual and collective synergy and resources to enrich their households and communities.
The project will result in:
- Social, educational and hygiene improvement
- Self-reliant cooperative organization and management promotion
- Income generation and employment creation
- Portable gardening for sustainable livelihood schools
- Lesson-learning and promotion related to organization and practices.
The project will undertake:
- Training, exposure visits, non-formal classes including development of business plans, saving skills, financial literacy, computer, proposal writing among others.
- Institution and physical infrastructure building
- Saving, collection, credit operation and entrepreneurship development.
- Study, seminars and dissemination of lesson.
Our Vision: In a world where poverty is the worst enemy of humanity, Chelma Advisory Institute aims to help the poorest/vulnerable fulfill their potential.
Our Mission: Develop the micro-finance sector viz-a-viz support local groups/individuals in promoting sustainable socio-economic activities in collaboration with others in order to bring about integral development in the project areas.
Our Goals:to support the initiatives of poor and vulnerable communities to construct small enterprises in an effort to improve their present living conditions as well as integrate other relevant development programs.I hereby appeal to friends to participate in the contribution towards the success of the program to its logical conclusion. This can be shared in person, family level; close family relatives, close friends and any other that may be willing to support the program. Thus through sharing of the link, Facebook, twitter and any other possible links that can be reached