Seed of Life School was found in 2003 by a local pastor with only 15 children and 2 teachers. We are situated in Kandaldom village, Kandaldom commune, Chbarmon District, Kg.Speu Province, Cambodia. As till today the school has an enrollment of 221 students between the ages of 3 to 5 years old and 13 teachers. We have 2 classes of 3 years old, 3 classes of 4 years old and 3 classes of 5 years old. We are situated in a church building and in a rented premise. We have about 13 teachers including assistant teachers. We do teach the following subjects such as Mathematics, Science, English, Khmer language, fine motor skills, songs & rhymes and etc. We do charge certain of money (school fees) to the students. We established this pre-school due to there is need of education in this community. We would like to do something for the community people and at the same time providing them with a quality and affordable education. There are many poor children that are not able to go to school due to financial problems, lack of knowledge by the parents on the importance of education, or some of the families are staying far away from government schools. Our school do provides scholarship to some poor children. There are also some requests from the parents in the surrounding village to start another pre-school and a continuation education system.
This year we had decided to start off with the Grade 1 enrollment. We have about 40 children enrolled. We had registered our preschool with the government. As for the Grade 1 we need to register it too with government. We do need to raise at least USD 5000 to be kept as a deposit with the government before they could approve our Grade 1 school licensing. Therefore, we are here appealing to the donors to help us out to raise this amount of money. We are been given a duration of one year period to raise this amount of money.
- To see every child been given an opportunity to study
- To give a proper form of education with qualified teachers, resources and creativity.
- To provide a Christian base curriculum and environment for the child to learn.
- To influence and impact the community.
- To maintain quality of education from pre-school until they finish their studies.
- To teach life skills, cores values of life.
- To provide a good curriculum that will meet the needs of the students and expectation of the parents.
- To reach out to slow learners and those who are weak in their subjects.
- To provide counseling to students and parents.
- To work hand in hand with the community by providing seminars, counseling etc.
- To tap into skills and abilities of the students