£30.00raised of £600.00 goal goal
Hi, thanks for visiting my fundraising page!
In 2021 I will turn 30!
30 years I will have spent on this planet contributing to the world's environmental problems. I feel its time I gave something back. Therefore instead of taking the normal kind of holiday to celebrate my birthday I have decided to spend a week in Sri Lanka volunteering. Recently media attention has been focused towards the pollution in our oceans. BBCs Blue Planet highlighted the devastating affect that plastic is having on marine life. I have always been fascinated by the sea and marine life, especially turtles....
Unfortunately, many species of turtles are under threat and at risk of becoming endangered, hence there is a great need for wildlife conservation efforts. During my time in Sri Lanka I will work to raise awareness of and decrease plastic pollution, care for injured and disable turtles and release freshly hatched babies back into the wild, safe from natural risks and local poachers.
A typical day will include:
• Preparing fresh food and assisting feeding on a daily basis
• Cleaning and upkeep in the project premises and nearby beach area
• Taking care of the nesting area
• Cleaning and refilling the turtle tanks
• Assisting with medication
• Cleaning the turtles’ shells
• Counting and burying turtle eggs safely
• Designing education boards around the sanctuary
• Painting and drawing for information and animal welfare education
• Releasing hatched baby turtles into the sea.
The trip, flights and accommodation will be fully paid for by myself.
This fundraiser is for funds that I can donate to Ambalangoda Turtle Conservation Sanctuary upon my arrival. They can use this money to purchase much needed supplies and keep the rehabilitation going.
A small donation will help me to save the turtles!!!
- Cerys Cooper
- Campaign Owner
No updates for this campaign just yet