- DONATE NOW
A lot of work goes down at the grass root level in villages in the remotest corners as well as the most populous metros across India, with schools, individuals and government bodies. We need your contributions to keep coming in.
- DONATE NOW
- PayPal ACCOUNT
- Manik dutta
WHY I SHOULD CARE
- 13,40,000 children below 5 die in a year, that is 3,671 under 5 child deaths per day
- Nearly half of all child deaths under 5 in India are attributed to undernutrition
- 1 in every 8 children in India is working, when they should be at school
- More than half (56%) of the under 5 deaths occur within the first 28 days of life, we work to prevent these lives
- India accounts for more than 3 out of 10 stunted children in the world
- 47% of the women in India are married when they are a child (before the age of 18), and 30% bear a child when they are a child (adolescent mothers)
- 17.7 million children and adolescents are out of school in India, this is 14% of world's population of children out of school
- 20% of grade 2 children in India cannot recognize numbers 1-9; 53% of children drop out of school at elementary level
- 49.5% of grade 5 children cannot do subtraction and 55% of grade 8 children cannot solve 3 digits by 1 digit division problem; 51.09% of grade 5 children cannot read grade 2 English and 25.4% children of grade 8 cannot read grade 2 text
HOW YOU CAN HELP
We want to do more and you can help. By committing a small fraction of your income to protect children in need, you can help save a child and contribute to humanity. You can donate as low as INR 500 per month.
While Save the Children appreciates monthly donations more where you choose to donate a small fixed amount for us to be able to plan our programs for longer term, can also help save a child.
You will get your tax exemption certificate within 15 days of your one time donation (quarterly in case of regular donors, who pledge monthly donations, after their first month’s donation). You will get quarterly updates on how you are making a difference.