₱72,284raised of ₱500,000.00 goal goal
Hi, My name is Iris Patio, 37 years old from Angeles, Pampanga, Philippines. I was diagnosed Cervical Cancer with Clear Cell Carcinoma (a rare and aggressive type of cancer) last December 2018. I was admitted in ICU because I was in the death row and experienced high fever, seizure, very low blood preasure and heavy bleeding that required me for having total of 7 bags of blood transfusion.
For the span of almost 5 months, I was admitted in the hospital three times with 22 bags of blood consumed and was in critical condition. Also cannot count how many times I was in the out patient because I needed to have blood transfusion, potassium, sodium infusion and so on. I also cannot count how many laboratory requests I had, and oh, my take home medicines. If I will compute all my expenses for my cancer since Dec 2018 till April 2019, it reached about more than Php 500,000 or USD 10,000. I am so blessed because some of my friends and relatives gave me monetary assistance for my treatment.
Despite completing my session in chemo therapy and only had 4 radio therapy left, the tumor was still there. I had 7-8cm tumor in my cervix originally and reduced the size into half, but because of the cell carcinoma (aggresive cancer) the size of the tumor is actively growing everytime I stop my treatment (due to hospitalization, infections and other reasons).
We just spoke with my OB oncologist this week and told us that my cancer might be resistant with the radiation and resistant with the medicine they've used in chemo therapy, that's why my dr. required me to have another 6 session of chemo (high dose), it cost around more or less Php 32,000 or USD 610.00 per session (with less Philhealth Insurance already) or Total of Php 192,000 or USD 3,660 for the 6 sessions. Our problem, I've already consumed my Philhealth (insurance) that's why we need to pay in full.
My doctor also told me that I might undergo with a surgery in rectum/colon and will use colonoscomy bag for the meantime because of my recurrent infections and discharge even with antibiotics . My doctor suspected that my cervix has damaged/hole where my stool leaked on it and can't have my high dose Chemo if I have still infections.
To be honest when I heard my doctor that I might have a surgery, I felt so sad and worried. Can my body and health will bear the procedure? Will it have complications after the surgery? I need to have a chemo as soon as possible but it will be delayed because of the surgery and recovery, what if my cancer will spread because of the delays?
My family has decided to have a second opinion in Manila to know what are the other options in my case. I will update you after my check up next week (2nd week of May).
I've created this page to ask your assistance for my treatment and for future expenses. I can't afford the expenses anymore because my friends and relatives gave their best and assistance already, especially if we will seek for a second opinion in Manila. Also my father has TB of the intestine with colo bag in his stomach and under medication. We've spent so much from the past five months for my treatment and hospitalization where we can't afford my future expenses anymore, that's why me and my family would be extremely grateful if you could help in whatever amount and please share my page. If you have difficulties in transferring through paypal, you can send your donations at my fathers account:
Account Name: Iris M. Patio
Account Number: 001311302296
Branch: SM City Clark
Account Name: Jessie Pangan Patio
Account Number: 8599187511
Branch: BPI Marquee Mall Angeles City,Pampanga
Thank you so much in advance and may God bless us all.
A little backround..
We discovered my cancer last Dec. 2018 and admitted in the ICU because of heavy bleeding, almost no pulse rate and collapsed veins. Since my cancer was aggressive, my OB oncologist scheduled me for CT Planning right away after I was discharged in the hospital, then started my Radio Therapy (30 sessions/everyday/M-F) and Chemo Therapy (6 sessions/Once a week). My treatment started on the 3rd week of Dec.2018. My doctor also told me that the last treatment will be brachy therapy and will be done after I completed my session in chemo and radiation.
It was a smooth treatment for me from 3rd week of December 2018 to January 2019, though I experienced the side effects of chemo and radiations like dizzyness, vomitting, no food appetite and constipation.
On the 1 st week of February I complained that I was uncomfortable and felt pricky in the opening of my genitalia and when my doctor checked the affected part, she found out that the outer part of my genitalia was peeling, bleeding in some area and burned by the radiation. She advised me to rest from radiation and chemo for the meantime and resume when the burned parts are totally healed.
After 2 weeks, my medication for the burned parts were healed, but then I was experiencing fever and chills. My parents rushed me to the hospital because again, I had heavy bleeding and high fever. After the laboratory tests my oncologist and doctor in infectious disease found out that I had heavy infection in my blood and urine with low hemoglobin and potassium. My doctors required me for 3 bags of blood transfusions and other IV meds. I was discharged in the hospital with 6 figure hospital bill almost like my hospital bill when I was admitted last Dec. 2018. My doctors advised me to continue my medications at home, have a rest and continue my radiation and chemo when I have a clearance from my infections.
Mid to end of March this year, I continued my radiation and completed my last chemo therapy. I only had 4 sessions left in my radiation so my oncologist advised me to scheduled my brachy therapy by 1st or 2nd week of April. Again, around 2nd week of April, my parents rushed me again to the hospital because of heavy bleeding where my hemoglobin count was 60 instead of minimum 120, I felt severe stomach cramps where I needed to have a hematolgy, gastroenteritis, and pain management doctor. After 5 days I was discharged in the hospital.
For the past five months, these were the trials I've encountered. As we've spoke with my doctor I need to have another set of chemo in higher dose and might have a surgery first after she has confirmed in the CT scan that my stool is leaking in my cervix that is why we are seeking for another opinion from the doctors in Manila and hoping to have alternative treatment instead of surgery.
August 10, 2019 updateUpdate posted by Iris Patio at 04:39 am
Update: Last week of May 2019, Iris was transferred from ICU of AUF to St. Lukes Global because of non stop bleeding. She stayed for a month in St. Lukes to address the problems like excessive bleeding, urine and blood infections. The doctors also were planning to cure her cancer,. . . . .
May 14, 2019 UpdateUpdate posted by Iris Patio at 01:47 pm
I was admitted from the hospital last May 10-13 due to heavy bleeding. It was the same story, I fainted, hemoglobin went very low and had blood transfusion of 3 bags. I am so sad because I am starting to save for my treatment expenses but suddenly emergency like this. . . . .