After housing over a thousand brothers over the last several decades, the house is in a dire state of disrepair. During a 5-year period of low membership, routine maintenance was often neglected in favor of paying utility bills, and paying utilities was often neglected in favor of beer money. The chapter had some rough years, but they have been successfully reorganized by nationals and are experiencing a renaissance not unlike that of Florence in the late 17th century. The actives have increased their numbers by more than 60% over the last year, they have received the "most improved GPA" award on campus and most importantly, they have a strong alumni following who has banded together to support their continued growth and epic success on and off campus! The Beta Lambda alumni association is asking for alumni donations to complete the repairs and position the house well for a successful spring recruitment.
What will you get for your donation?
- You'll have a chance to give back to the house that introduced you to your lifelong friends and got you through your college years.
- If you haven't paid alumni dues in the last 5-10 years, here's a chance to be responsible and contribute to a great cause.
- You'll have the opportunity to visit the house at homecoming, be graciously thanked by the actives and see your donated funds in action.
- We'll be throwing a real homecoming party for the alumni this year now that the house is back in order and on the right track.
How do you know the money will be spent wisely?
- There will be total accountability for these funds. books will be kept and receipts will be provided for every donated dollar spent. You're welcome to see the books at homecoming.
What needs to be done?
- remodel upstairs bathroom. this includes demolition, new flooring and new plumbing - $7,000
- remove the mold in the basement - $500.00
- hallway & stairwell carpeting - $3,500
- stain deck & fence, rent powerwashers and purchase stain supplies - $500
- new entry doors - $500.00
- window repairs - $500.00
- landscaping - $500.00
- rush & recruitment to pull in a great pledge class (this will most likely involve a few trips to buffalo-wild-wings) - $2,000
- complete brotherhood room - $1,000.00
- epic homecoming party for returning alumni (including the infamous "beer tent") - $1,000
The total comes to $17,000 to ensure the future of the house. Obviously the "epic homecoming party" comes last, so if we hit our goal of $17,000 we'll be throwing the party. With 180 alumni on the list that comes to $94/pp to make this happen. I'm kicking things off with a $500 donation because I think we can do better than $17k.
Thanks for your support!